Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Monday, December 28, 2009

Day Three

Hello fellow blogsters,

Today was day three of my Wii workout using Your Shape by Ubisoft. I would like to first point out to everyone that today I had absolutely zero motivation to work out. I had a really crummy day, and I was in a pretty awful mood, but I did it anyways. What really helped me was that I turned on the Wii, and had Your Shape loaded and ready to go. That way, even though I wasn't motivated I had to see it every time I walked by the television screen. Eventually, I went and got into my work out clothes. My daughter wasn't quite ready for her nap, and it was about half an hour until lunch time so I decided to put her baby gate up and let her play in the playroom while I did my work out. Don't worry, her room is directly behind the living room, so I could see her poke her head out and laugh at me. I told her mommy was "dancing," because she doesn't understand working out yet as she's only 14 1/2 months old. So of course, being the little ham she is, she decided to start "dancing" too! That really made my day, so I went ahead and kept going with my workout. I mean, if my 14 month old can do it, so can I. Of course, my workout was a little more difficult than dancing.

I suppose I'll stop talking about my personal life, and get  back to work out talk! UGH. Okay, so to start with I had to do a bunch of exercises that were totally foreign to me. I watched the screen and picked up on all but one fairly quickly. The one I had a little trouble with was called the grapevine, but after a few tries I picked up on it. Todays workout focused on full body weight loss, rather than one problem area. It seemed like I did a lot of arm and leg work though, which is good because I need to say goodbye to the mom flab arms!

After the first 15 minutes, my workout was assessed and the exercises changed to something a little bit more challenging, but more in my own range. I thought that was really awesome. The routines were evaluated and changed twice in my 30 minute routine so I wasn't doing the same mindless exercises over and over...and over...and over. All in all, I'd say today was a good day. I wish I could be a little more specific in details today, but there really aren't a lot of details to be shared. Plus, to be quite honest with you my arms are KILLING me. (That means it's working, right?!)

Todays Stats are as follows:
Workout Time: 30 minutes
Calories Burned: 305
Workout Equivalent To: 1.78 miles run
Lifted 1500 lbs worth of my own weight. (Don't ask what that means, they just happened to inform me of it after my workout was over.)

Oh, and also I purchased a scale yesterday from Kmart and it's broken! I have to return it at some point this week, but next blog I will be sure to tell you my current weight. *Gulp.* After the 7 day workout routine mark, I will also add a photo of before I began working out and one after my first week. I'm sure there won't be a huge difference, but look for a photo at the end of every workout week!! Let's keep our fingers crossed, because this mommy wants to lose her 'mom-body' and get back into her 'I'm-only-23-years-old, and-I-should-still-have-at-least-another-ten-years-to-look-this-good-body.






Days Until I Have To Kick My 3+ A Day Dr. Pepper Habit:


*4*

0 comments:

Post a Comment