Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Friday, December 25, 2009

My First Wii Workout.

Merry Christmas!
Today, I will be chronicling for you, my experience with the Your Shape workout game on the Wii console.

*DAY 1*

Today was the last first day of my all new workout routine! I opened up my Your Shape box and was immediately greeted by Jenny McCarthy's smiling face. Sometimes when I look at her, I simply cannot believe that she's a mother like I am, and yet has such an amazing body. Now, Do I think that she got it using Your Shape for the Wii console? Not hardly. I am well aware that she has probably got a staff of nutritionists, personal trainers, and plastic surgeons helping her look that good, but it was still nice to see a familiar face smiling up at me.

Upon opening my Your Shape box, I discovered that the only two items inside were a Wii disc and a digital camera. The size of the box seems like it's overdone for so few minimal items, but I shrugged it off and inserted the Your Shape disc into my console. Once I loaded up my screen, I was once again greeted by Jenny McCarthy and a lengthy tutorial. I was hoping that I could skip it the first time through, and just figure things out for myself, but it seems that's not a possibility for round one your first time through. So, I sat there and listened closely as Jenny stood inside some sort of living room set up and discussed the game with me.

After sitting through Jenny's explanation of the game, I was more than ready to dive in. The first thing I was told to do was obviously hook up the web cam. This sounds difficult, but I promise it isn't. The webcam hooks up via USB port, and is immediately ready to go. I hooked up my camera, and found a place for it on top of my television where it was able to visibly see all of me. I took a step back, and saw myself on screen. It was a little awkward at first, but if you've ever been on a pc webcam before, that's exactly what it's like.

Upon completion of my camera setup, I went ahead and created a new profile. I named it Sarah, because hi, that's my name! I listened to Jenny a few more times, and was then told I needed to have my body scanned. Now, this isn't as hard, or as awesome as it sounds. Simply put, there are two silhouettes that appear on screen, and you are to step into them. The camera then scans your body using the silhouette as a basic guide. The concept is amazing, but it could have been done maybe a little differently. I'm not complaining though, I love this workout disc so far!

Okay, now that my camera is set up, my body has been scanned, and I've created a profile (including my name, age, gender, and *gulp* weight,) we can begin our first 'routine.'  The first routine is set up using fairly simple exercises. This routine is graded, and teaches you immediately what your strengths, weaknesses, best, and worst exercises are. You begin with simple things like walking in place, marching in place, or even doing jumping jacks. My highest percentage was in cardio training, which means that's what I do best. My overall grade for my first routine was a B. I did better than I expected, but am still disappointed in my individual work out scores. Don't worry, at least I know now what it is I need to work on!

I did go ahead and do 2 more workouts, including their "destress your mind" yoga workout, which requires insane flexibility, and I feel great about myself!! I ate a little more regularly today, and I worked out a grand total of 3 times. The calorie counter at the top of my screen told me I burned around 300 calories today. I know that it doesn't sound like much, but please keep in mind I'm a beginner doing moderate exercises for the first time in 2 years. You can always change your settings to match yourself personally! I hope you have enjoyed the ranting, ramblings of my first day using Your Shape. I apologize for the scatter brained post, but after all...It's Christmas Night and I am online sharing it with YOU!

Peace, Love, and Embracing Changes-
Sarah

P.s. Please be sure to share your experiences. Lets see how things are looking by week 6! Tomorrow I will be picking up a new scale, so that I can more accurately follow my progress. I will post photographs in the following weeks. Thanks for sticking with me today with my first workout, my first blog post, and my first incoherent ramblings. I promise things will improve. EMBRACE IT!!

1 comments:

The Hay Family said...

Be careful with the scale...I found out mine was inaccurate! Your Shape sounds pretty awesome! I like how it gives you a grade! Keep up the good work, we can do this together!

Post a Comment