Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Woah, Jenny.

Today was a pretty crappy day all around. I went to bed late, and woke up at 5 am to our car horn randomly spazzing out. Of course, that waking up the entire neighborhood wasn't the best way to start the day. It took 3 people to get the horn to stop. Luckily, the baby slept through it all! After all that, I woke up at 9 feeling like absolute garbage. I hadn't had enough sleep to let me muscles recuperate from my previous workout so I was feeling a bit stiff. I spent most of the day lounging around the house in my pajamas, not wanting to go anywhere or accomplish anything.

Luckily, after I checked the mail, I did finally get dressed. We ended up having to run to walmart for some much needed household items. The entire time I was gone I kept thinking about how I needed to do my workout before I lost ALL motivation to. Once we got back to the house, I immediately put on my workout clothes and once again loaded up my game. Staring at the game always makes me want to do it just a little bit more than thinking about it does.

Last time I tried to work out, Emma kept running around my feet and getting mad that I wasn't paying attention to her. I ended up having Andrew take her to her room to play so that I could get my work out done without upsetting her. I'm just glad he doesn't work until later tonight! *Phew.*

Well, after all of that running around I finally got to start my work out. I was told that last time I did so well they wanted to challenge me a little more. Say WHAT?! I was challenged last time, I was barely able to do the exercises they threw at me then, and now they want to make them harder? I decided I'd at least give it a shot, but quickly realized that I couldn't bend or contort my body the way they wanted me to at ALL! I wound up doing 3 workouts today for that very reason.

I attempted the mom fitness routine, which wasn't too bad. It was generally the same things that I usually do for full body weight loss/calorie burning. I was okay with that, but then I switched to working out my abs. I was honestly expecting to do some sit ups, bends, and things of that nature. Well, Jenny had me doing high kicks, dancer moves, and all these weird stretching exercises that I just wasn't capable of. I'm not the most flexible person in the world, but as usual I tried. I wound up quitting exercise routine #2 halfway through. I only managed to burn 72 calories there. I felt a little discouraged, so I finished my workout with a 15 minute yoga routine. Overall, I still did my half hour workout, and I still burned a decent amount of calories.

Todays stats are as follows:

Workout time: 30 minutes
Routines tried: 3
Total Calories Burned: 237 + 15 minute yoga routine

I wish I could say I did better, but I tried and that's all that matters. I am beginning my 6 week fitness challenge on January 1st for anyone who is interested. For now, I am just getting the hang of being back in the work out world. It hurts soooo gooood.

Peace, Love, and Yoga
Sarah V.

2 comments:

The Hay Family said...

Don't give up Sarah! I made a promise with myself to do at least some exercise everyday. You are doing great! We will both be looking fantastic by swimsuit season...haha!

Anonymous said...

You know what though? Eventually you'll be great at some of those moves you couldn't do before. Before I dropped the ball again, I was doing the workouts on exercisetv.com and at first I could barely do the 10 minute one. But I did it every day, and before long, it wasn't even challenging any more. :) So just keep on doing it, and you'll be fine. :)

Post a Comment