Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Half Weigh There

Today was weigh in day, and I was pleasantly surprised. I was down 3 1/2 pounds this week. Now, considering the amount of Easter candy I ate, and the trip to Taco Johns. I was really amazed. Then again, the last 2 days that I was sick with food poisoning could have also helped that weight loss. I am over half weigh to my 5% goal already. I am hoping that I can hit it by my birthday, but I'm not counting on it. My birthday is 6 days away, and I need to lose another 3.5 pounds to hit my 5%.  Realistically, I would be happy to hit it before my Iowa trip. I really can't wait to hit 10 lbs gone! I weighed in at 195.5 today. I nearly cried. I am at my PRE BABY WEIGHT!!!!!! I have a long way to go until my "goal weight," but right now I am so excited to be back where I was. Obviously, my body has changed and I can't run off and throw on my pre baby clothes just yet, but damn it. I'm proud of myself.

This week I am planning on walking every day that I possibly can. We talked about walking 10 minutes a day in group today, and I usually walk 30 a day. I think that I can manage that. Plus, it's supposed to be a gorgeous week! I really would like to be down another five pounds or so before my Iowa trip. That gives me almost 4 weeks to get down five pounds. If I lose 1 lb a week, I will almost be there. I know that I won't always be lucky enough to lose 3.5 lbs at weigh in. At least this week my scale and the weight watchers scale agreed. The weight watchers scale actually weighed me as .01lbs less than my home scale. WOO! I'm having a great Saturday so far, and I hope it stays that way.

You will also be excited to hear that I ATE my weeklies last week, and I didn't feel guilty. I still had ten left by the time today rolled around, but I did it. I felt bad at first, and I kept thinking I was going to hinder my weight loss, but so far this program is working really well for my husband and I. Oh, speaking of my husband...he hit his TEN POUND mark today! He gets embarrassed sometimes being the only guy who goes to the meetings, but we see plenty who come weigh in and that has helped ease his embarrassment some. He got called up to get his 10 lb ribbon, and his face was so red. I'm not looking forward to that moment either. I hate being in the center of large groups. Luckily, there were only about ten people at today's meeting. I'm just really proud of him.

When we lived in Florida, my husband managed to get down to 209 pounds. His goal is currently 180. (He's 5'9.) I was gaining as he was losing because I was pregnant. I managed to hit 262 as he hit 209. I remember crying to him in a parking lot when I saw my reflection in a car window. I looked at him and said, "I'm not supposed to be fat. You're not supposed to be the thin one. This isn't right. I feel horrible. I'm huge!" At that point, I was only 4 months along, and I had already hit about 215-220lbs.  He looked at me and told me that things were fine. He never even realized how thin he got until I showed him old pictures of himself. In the 9 months after we moved back from Florida, he gained over 60 pounds. We moved to a new town, and he was unemployed for 3 1/2 months. During that time he went through a bad depression. He was eating his feelings constantly, and I wasn't far behind. We would sit in the bedroom with potato chips, leftovers, candy, or any other amount of junk we could find. We would also both drink a ton of soda while we were playing xbox, or watching movies. We are mindless eaters, and it caught up to us.

My husbands biggest point was around 269 pounds, and today he weighed in at 230. We have both lost a lot of weight, even before joining weight watchers. We finally hit a lull and we knew we couldn't do it on our own anymore. So, after weeks of talking about it, we decided to join. It was easy enough at first to weigh every meal, but over time it gets a little bit difficult. I have finally realized that if I just keep the measuring cup and scales out while I'm cooking, it doesn't bother me as much as it does when I have to go rummaging for things.   

Over all I'd say today was a big success for us both. My husband went in to the meeting expecting to gain a pound or two, as did I. When I weighed myself sans clothes (which I do at home, to see my "true" weight) I weighed 194.4. I was so happy, I could cry. I can't imagine being under 190 pounds. I haven't weighed less than 195 pounds in around three and a half years. I can't wait to see how far this journey can take me. I still haven't decided on a goal weight. I was thinking 170, but the more I think about it, the more I think 165 might be better. Who knows. It's something that I will think about more and more as I lose the pounds. As long as my number doesn't drop down to some unrealistic number (like 135) I think I'll be okay. I will try to post some progress pics this week. I'm sure you're not sick of seeing my face quite yet. (Please note the sarcasm.) I'm also trying to talk my husband into letting me take his picture, but he loathes cameras. We have been married for going on 2 years, and we have never had a professional family photo done. I am hoping to talk him into that soon too. Wish me luck.

If you haven't yet, please check out the blogs I'm following and show them the love!!!
<3 hearts! <3
Sarah V.

P.s. Show some love. Let me know you're still out there in the universe, reading my blogs! :-)
Or I will find you....
.........
.................
........................
....................................
and...........
..................................................
HUG YOU TO DEATH.
(What can I say, I'm a lover not a fighter.)
(That is only partially true.)

2 comments:

Nathalie said...

That is so awesome Sarah! Yay! I know you can make it to that goal, and I know you can get up and walk every day. Hey, I do it, and I'm really lazy. :oP

The Hay Family said...

CONGRATS to you and Andrew! You guys are doing GREAT! tell him I said so! Not that he cares what I say....but...tell him anyway. I am so happy for you!

Post a Comment