Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Friday, April 9, 2010

I've learned my lesson...

As I mentioned in my last blog post, I had Taco John's for lunch yesterday. Not long after eating my food, I started to feel sick. (I didn't even finish the whole thing either!) Now, normally after I eat fast food, an hour later I'm in the bathroom praying to the porcelain gods. That feeling  usually goes away within an hour or two. Last night was not one of those nights.

My husband and I decided to go to bed at eleven after a very long day. That's still pretty early for us, even though I felt like it was late. I sat in bed for half an hour, when I suddenly had the urge to be sick. I got up and went to the bathroom, where I spent the next three hours sitting on the floor. I literally felt like I took a brick of lead and swallowed it whole. I wanted to curl up in a ball on the floor and cry. I ended up taking anti-nausea medicine, 3 tums, and eating a Hawaiian sweet roll to absorb some of the junk in my tummy. I finally felt good enough to fall asleep at 2 a.m.

I suddenly and randomly woke myself up at 4:37 a.m. and realized that I once again had the sudden and horrible urge to be sick. Only this time, it also felt like someone was trying to fight me from the inside out. I had the worst stomach pains that I've had in years. It was like someone was tugging me down from inside my stomach. Once again, I laid down on the bathroom floor until the feeling passed. I finally thought I would be able to get a little rest once my stomach stopped hurting quite so badly, and wouldn't you know it... One hour later, my daughter gets me out of bed.

Today, is going to be a long day. I have had 2 hours of sleep, my stomach still hurts, and I'm still trying to figure out why there's a lead ball in my stomach. The only thing I did out of routine yesterday was eat that delicious grilled chicken burrito! (Which was terrible for me.) So, from now on the only "fast food" I even want to think about is Subway and Applebee's. Niether of those are really "fast food."

I think the real issue here is that my body has been completely unable to process the garbage I put into it yesterday. I have gone the past three weeks eating 1/2 cup and 1cup portions of foods. I have worked out, avoided fast food, skipped any soda that wasn't "diet" or "zero." Even those I've had sparingly. My burrito yesterday was probably nearly a foot long, and I'm sure I ate 7 inches of that, plus potato ole's. I have learned my lesson. Fifteen minutes of delicious fast food, is not worth 24+ hours of stomach aches, nausea, and lack of sleep. Next time, I'll stick to making my own chicken and cheese wrap at home. It will cost half the points, one third of the money, and it won't give me this horrible stomach pain.

Wish me luck on working out today. I really do need to get a workout in since I didn't yesterday. Sadly, I'm sore, I'm sick, and I'm exhausted. I will do my best to get one in tonight, assuming I feel better. But for now, I just put an angry baby down for a nap, (At 840 am!? That's a first!) and I'm going to use this time to get some rest myself. I really hope its a two nap day for my baby girl. Six am is early for anyone, especially someone so small. I'll tell you something though, I wish I had half her energy! (Daydreams)
....Oh, the things I could get done.

Peace, Love, and Lessons Learned
Sarah V.

2 comments:

The Hay Family said...

Ugh! I hope your day gets better. that's horrible! Maybe you had a touch of food poisoning? ICK. Hope you feel good enough to get a workout it, but don't push yourself.

Nathalie said...

You might have something else going on with your tummy, although I sometimes feel that way when I eat things out of the ordinary.

Post a Comment