Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Monday, April 5, 2010

Inspiration.

Music is my inspiration. I could never work out in silence. I have to have my husbands ipod or my env touch with me as I'm working out. I need to have a playlist going. I need something to pump me up, and wind me down at the same time. I use music as a motivational tool. I see no harm in turning on the ipod/phone, setting it in the stroller, and taking Emma on a walk to the stop sign and back. I need to figure out how many steps/miles that is, but for now I can tell you it's a half an hour walk. It's also up and down very steep hills, pushing 25 lbs. Hooray! I am thinking of upping the ante and going there and back twice here soon. I will put on my pedometer next time I go and figure out the steps.

My second inspiration is twitter. Yes, twitter. That cell phone thingy. You know what it is, but did you know that you can meet a lot of cool people there? I have met other people doing weight watchers. I have gotten encouragement from strangers on similar weight loss journeys after posting my dilemmas in 140 characters or less. I recently tweeted that I wanted m&m's, and I was fighting not eating them. A few people I had never even met tweeted back that I shouldn't do it! I also have gotten new blog readers by posting my link on twitter. It's actually a fun site once you get going. (My twitters in the side bar if you're interested.)

The third inspiration I have for you is social networking sites. This one was tricky for me. Getting on facebook and openly admitting I was struggling with my weight was a hard thing for me to do. I was always hiding in the corner, watching as other people openly admitted their struggles and successs. It took me a while to get to that point with my journey. I didn't want to get online and admit that I had an issue. I didn't want people to know that while I looked great in pictures from the waist up, there was a pudgy mom belly underneath where that picture stopped. Luckily, my good friend Brooke was so outspoken about her journey, that I decided to take a page from her book. Weight loss is not something I should be ashamed of, it's something I should be proud of. I'm working towards a goal. I'm trying to get to a happier place, and I don't want to hide in the corner secretly dieting to get there. Speaking out has gotten me a LOT of supporters, a lot of new friends, and a lot of help. I encourage you all to do the same. Get a buddy, write a blog, join twitter and tweet your weight loss. Do whatever you have to do, but if you have a crazy amount of help and support, it makes the journey to weight loss a whole lot easier. I also do weight watchers with my husband, which is helpful and hindering at the same time. We lean on each other a lot, so if one of us wants to cave so does the other. Luckily, that hasn't happened yet. He is keeping me in check though. He has been reminding me that since it was Easter weekend, I shouldn't expect to have a perfect weigh in. I hope I lose something though. *Crosses Fingers*

Hmmmm, what else inspires me? I know I'm forgetting something. What is it though? What could I be forgetting? Well, I guess it will come to me later. See ya!

Okay, okay you didn't buy it. Obviously my first and biggest inspiration is you! I just wanted to see how long I could drag it out. If I didn't have such good friends, and such a great 'blog support' system, I would have caved long long ago. You all offer encouraging words when I need them, and remind me that this is a journey that takes time. You all keep me sane. I love and appreciate all of you greatly. (Although I wish you'd comment more so I knew I wasn't writing in vain.) So I hope you are all still reading my blog. I'm still reading yours. And well, if you don't have one--start one! It's like a personal journal to free your thoughts into. I love it. If you create a blog be it here, wordpress, or anywhere else just be sure to link me/add me/follow me. I will do the same for you. I loooooooove reading new blogs. Was that over enthusiastic? Hmm, maybe I just loooove it. That better?

Alright well, here's a fun filled list of my favorite weight loss blogs.
*Quinn*
-Brooke-
~Nathalie~
=JackSh*t=
*Sheryl* (aka bitchcakes)
-Christy-

There are a few others I'm following, but I don't know them really well nor do I have their blog links memorized. If you'd like to check them out, have a peek at who I'm following and you'll see them there!!

If you're feeling artsy you should check out the following blogs:

Bookworm Quinn
Cyanide Sarah (Yes, that'd be me.)
Brooke, I need your link to put here. Lol. I searched but since you moved blogs on us, I am totally lost about where your other link is located now?

Oh and you should always check out deviantart.com when you're feeling especially fun loving and artsy. It's a favorite of mine.

Peace, Love, and Trying not to eat all of my easter candy at once! Arggh
Sarah V.

P.s. I only used 4 weekly points for Easter. GO ME.

1 comments:

The Hay Family said...

Hooray for the shout out! I needed that today! Hope we can chat later!

Post a Comment