Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

It hurts so good...

Today was crazy! I decided to do a 20 minute workout on my elliptical. Sadly, that was only 1 activity point even though I was sweating my ass off, because of my weight range. I burned 170 calories though, which isn't bad for 20 minutes.

So, after I finished my elliptical and saw it was only 1 activity point, I was kinda bummed. I decided to take that opportunity to go for a run/walk/jog. I live on a very hilly road, (Is hilly a word?) and while its easy to run on a flat surface, It's hard to run on hills. I don't mind the upward run as much as the downward one. Is that weird? I am afraid I will fall forward and bust my face while I'm running downhill. It's like I can't slow down or control my pace. I wasn't too smart about my first run, because I started it full force. By the end of the street, I just couldn't run anymore. So, I walk/jogged lightly the rest of the way back home. That counted for 2 whopping points. Unfortunately, I experienced "burny lung" horribly.

On a happier note, I rediscovered the love I once had for running. I was on the track team for a few years in high school, and I wasn't half bad. I even did hurdles! They said my height helped with them, but I bet I couldn't do them now without getting scared and falling down into the fetal position. Haha. No, but seriously, it was amazing to feel the wind hit my face while I ran. I am going to walk, jog, and try to condition my body so that I can take it a little slower next time and enjoy myself. Oh, and in case you were wondering how I managed to go outside without being paralyzed with fear from my anxiety...well, my husband gave me his serrated pocket knife to carry. I felt much better with a knife in my hand, but I imagine I looked pretty crazy running down the street with a cell phone and pocket knife in my hand. (Note to self: Invest in workout pants with pockets.)

I'm not going to lie to you guys. I overdid it today. I was so depressed and disappointed that I didn't work out yesterday, I tried to make up for it today. I did 20 minutes on my elliptical and I was pissed at myself for not making it 30 minutes. When I got back in the house from my run, my face was tomato red. I took a COLD shower, got out, and STILL had a red face. It lasted for over half an hour. That's how hard I pushed myself. I also almost threw up. Tomorrow, I'm definitely scaling back. I just got this burst of angry energy today, and I should have channeled it into Jillian or something more productive. I'm glad I got in a workout today though.

My 3 activity points made up for the points I went over today. I was using my weeklies and trying not to feel guilty about it, but I honestly CAN NOT use them without feeling horrible. I don't know what it is, but after last weeks 1/2 lb "gain" while I was on my period, I nearly cried. I'm so afraid of that happening again this week. I know I need to buck up and deal with it. It was only one bad week, and I know that those happen to everyone. I just wasn't expecting it so soon. I keep telling myself I'm new to this so I should expect to slip up, but I am the type of person who just gets frustrated if I don't know how to do something right off the bat. I guess thats the control freak/OCD portion of me? I also hate it when I'm learning something and people tell me what to do. I have to see it for myself and imitate it most of the time. I think that's why I like Jillian and Your Shape for Wii. They show me what to do, instead of barking orders at me. I have only gone over ONE point today, and I have over 20 points left to use in the next 3 days. I doubt I will use them. *Sigh.* I need to work on that. Right? Right.

Here are some fun pictures of me after my workout. And Hey, If you look sexy after your workout.......you're not doing it right! :)


Now someone please tell me how attractive I look! This is probably close to ten minutes or more after my run. I was still that red faced! Hey, red faces make my eyes pop a little. Oh speaking of eyes, I am getting contacts tomorrow (if my astigmatism allows) so you will all see me looking exactly the same. Because, obviously I never wear my glasses for you guys. Well, here....this is me in my icky glasses. (Taken today)

And here is me without. :) So much better. So I'm excited for that. Mostly because, well...honestly my eyes are my favorite feature (even more so after Quinns blog) and I hate that they're hidden behind glasses.

Peace, Love, and Red Faces.
Sarah V.

1 comments:

The Hay Family said...

You look sooooo young in that last pic! Argh...I admire you for running, I don't know why...but I am so scared to attempt running. And I do Jillian like everyday, I should be able to run, right? I am just scared I won't be able to do it. Is that silly? I shall post after workout pics after Jillian tomorrow!

Post a Comment