Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Am I Dying?

The answer is no, but I feel like it. I decided that I was going to get off my butt and work out today. I hadn't really been able to all weekend with the family being home. So, as my husband fed Emma her lunch I decided that would be a great time to work out. I put my Mayday Parade cd in the stereo, cranked the 3 foot speakers, muted Jenny so I could just barely hear her, and busted my booty! I have to admit, working out with a good beat makes things so much easier and more fun. I did it to the rythem, and I noticed I worked harder. I'm pretty happy about that.

Today has been a decent day. I slept in late, which was amazing. I got up, spent a little time with the munchkin, put her to bed, caught up on some television courtesy of Ninjavideo.net, filled out some recipe cards, weighed myself again, (I know, bad Sarah) frowned at the 1 lb gain over the past four days, did some laundry, dishes, etc. Got the monkey up from her nap, gave her some medicine, danced with her for 5-10 minutes while daddy tried to figure out how to FIX the wii he'd spent the last 2 days working on, and then finally I did a 20 minute BUTT KICKING work out, and 10 minutes of yoga. According to the Wii I burned around 280 calories. I usually hit 300, but today I felt a little sick after my work out so I decided to call it a day.

I made the mistake today of telling the wii I felt great. Normally, I tell it "Hey pal, you're lucky I'm here." Today however, I decided to tell it I felt good. Instead of giving me a pat on the back, or saying "Hey thats great news," the Wii made my workout twice as hard as it normally is. I'm not complaining, but I'm afraid to try it on its hardest setting. I didn't get much of a work out in yesterday, so I'm glad I did today. Tomorrow I will start back on my usual schedule. It will be easier with the boys at work anyways.

I hope everyone else is doing fabulously with their new years projects. (I'm refusing the word resolutions!) My eating habits have been great, and I will admit that I miss Dr. Pepper AND chocolate, niether of which I've had any of, but that I've also been sleeping a lot better at night. Natural energy is the way to go, but sometimes everyone needs a little help.

Today my diet has consisted of:
1 cup french toast casserole and a little syrup
1 cup cheerio snack mix
3/4 banana
3 glasses of water (WOOHOO!)
2 servings of sweet tea (d'oh)

So honestly, all in all I'm doing pretty well. I am right around 600 calories and I haven't even had lunch yet. So, as long as I dont have more than another 1100 calories today I'll be great. Unfortunately for me, Drew wants pigs in a blanket for lunch. He doesn't even put cheese on them. They are just hot dogs rolled in bread. I don't think that is a very good lunch, so I will be enjoying a lean cuisine with only 220 calories in it (or 260 depending on my meal.)

My mind is running a million miles an hour so I apologize for this random blog. I am still reeling from my workout, and I do not smell like peaches let me tell ya. In fact, I'm off to shower, get dressed, make the family lunch, do MORE laundry, put away dishes, and clean the bathroom. Who says I dont get a work out again.......hmmm

Peace, Love, and H20
Sarah V.

2 comments:

The Hay Family said...

NICE day Sarah! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I've just got to ask where you're from? I've never heard anyone call it sweet tea who's not from the south. :) Meanwhile, great job on working out, and make sure you get all your calories in daily. Sometimes if you eat less one day than what you need, you'll be ravenous the next.

Post a Comment