Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Friday, January 1, 2010

My First Obstacle..

Well, today is day one of the six week challenge and I've already encountered an obstacle. I had planned on doing my usual 30 minutes of aerobics today, but forgot that my husband and father in law would both be home. My father in law has spent the day in the living room watching movies. Aka: Using the t.v. and only work out space I have in the house. Instead of wallowing in self pity, we decided to get our grocery shopping done. I figured walking around the grocery store for 90 minutes was better than nothing. I am going to try my hardest to work out after every one goes to bed. If I can't get that accomplished, I will at least do yoga so I can feel like I accomplished something today. I also think I'm going to add a day in for this week of vigorous exercise just to make up for today, even if I do get my yoga in.

In happier news, we only spent $120 on groceries for the week. We got an entire cartload of food! I feel super excited about that. I can't wait to make my crock-pot meals. Oh, AND I found 100 calorie caramel parfaits. I am in heaven!

It's already 5 p.m. and I've only had 775 calories today. I can't believe how well I'm doing! I have had 2 meals and 2 snacks so far today. I am making hamburger helper for dinner as well. I am supposed to be eating about 1800 calories a day in order to lose weight based on several 'online calculators.' I still have 1,000 to go for today. WOOHOO!! Shopping and eating healthy is a lot harder than I thought, but it's not as BLAND as I thought it might be.

I'm a little discouraged about not being able to work out, but I'm going to make a serious effort to get something in, even if its only ten minutes!! Wish me luck, because tomorrow I'm going to have to work my booty off if I can't today. I will not let this stop me.

1 comments:

The Hay Family said...

Yeah....I would definitely not want to work out in front of anyone either! Hopefully you will get to work out tonight! As for me....ugh, I am soooo tired today! I am wondering if its because my extra morning workout? Idk...but overall, not a bad day. I can even still enjoy a bag of popcorn tonight.

Post a Comment