Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Monday, January 25, 2010

An Omen!

Happy Monday everyone. I just finished my first workout of the week. I am aiming to work out for at the very least 15 minutes a day for cardio and 10-15 for yoga. I know it's not a lot, but lately I've been getting dizzy spells when I work out so I think I might have been pushing myself a little too hard the last few times. I'm going to scale it back a bit and just hope to see results as time goes on. I have already lost 11 pounds, so I'm not far from my goal of 15. Of course, I made that goal before I had any idea I was 10 lbs over what I thought I was. Ugh.

So I just did a 15 minute "new mom routine" and they actually incorporated some new exercises. The one that really worked me was called a V-up. If you want to feel your abs burn, I suggest doing this exercise. (it can be seen here.) I was actually really glad they *did* put in some new workouts because I was starting to get bored of my old ones. After my 15 minute work out I went ahead and did 15 minutes of yoga. I will admit that my yoga is improving, but I still have the hardest time keeping a flat back. I tend to always arch my back upwards, or I lose all balance. I nearly sprained my ankle today doing an exercise called the in in out out out. It's really a simple workout, but I got to into it with the foot work and my ankle slipped. Im just glad I didnt hurt myself. Not that it would be surprising if I did.

As for eating..Welllll, I'm still doing pretty well with that. I'm GENERALLY staying on target with my calories, but sometimes things come up beyond my control and we end up making poor choices. This weekend we had to run some errands, and by the time we got home it was after 7 pm. Emma takes a bath at 730 and goes to bed at 8 so we didnt have time to cook. Instead, we went to KFC. I know, it sounds awful. We ended up getting a mixed bucket so I could have my chicken grilled, while the rest of the family ate fried. I also had a scoop of mashed potatos, and a scoop of macaroni. Whoops. But, luckily we've only had take out 3 times this month which is about 22 times less than normal, hah. Even when we did have take out I had a grilled chicken sandwhich, a ham and cheese, or grilled chicken from KFC. I've never splurged and gotten something that I realllllly wanted.

Right now I'm craving a fish sandwhich from McDonalds which means my iron levels are low. That's the ONLY time I crave McDonalds fish. I've been iron deficient for as long as I can remember, but It got worse during my pregnancy. I was told that my levels should return to normal after I delivered my daughter, but they never really did. I still have "spells" where I crave peanut butter, fish, and other things of that nature.

Well, now I am off to find something for lunch for myself and the monkey. She is cutting 4 teeth, has a diaper rash, and we think she may be having nightmares now because she wakes up covered in sweat and screaming in the middle of the night, even when its freezing cold. It amuses me when people say parenting gets easier as time goes on, because I don't believe it ever really does. To me, you just become so used to it, and so consumed with love for your child, that you are blind to the imperfections and difficulties of parenthood.


Peace, Love, and Omens
Sarah V.

P.s. the reason this blog is called "An Omen" is because I was sitting online in my workout clothes, trying to find time to work out at some point during the day, when I could have used my 'internet time' as 'workout time.' Just as I was telling Quinn about this, my internet crashed out which pretty much FORCED me to get up and go work out. When I was finished, my internet had returned. See, even the higher ups want me to work out and get healthy.

 Starting weight: 208

Weight Today: 198 lbs


10 lbs lost. (yay?)

2 comments:

The Hay Family said...

Definitely yay...don't question the yay!! I have been doing those v-up things too...except on the wii fit they are called jack knifes. You can really feel the burn, huh? You should try the single arm stand...now those are killer. Weekends are tough, huh? If I stick to my healthy regimen on the weekend I might make more progress!

Anonymous said...

Hey, make sure you're getting enough calories. I get dizzy too when I don't eat enough, so be careful! :) And yay on the 10 lbs!

Post a Comment