Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Friday, January 1, 2010

And It Begins....

Happy 2010 everyone. Today, I woke up feeling like total crap. I didn't go out last night, In fact...I didn't even stay up until midnight. I was in bed at 11:30 p.m. Man, I feel old. While everyone else was getting drunk, making toasts, watching the ball drop, and having their own little parties-I was asleep. Luckily, I slept until 9:45 this morning so I am MORE than rested. Last night was the first night in a very very long time that I had any good sleep. So, Hooray!

As all 2 of you blog readers know, today is THE DAY! That's right, today is the day that we all start our diet and exercise plans. Ugh. I am already regretting this decision, because I soooooooo want a Dr. Pepper right now! I didn't have one yesterday, and I was extremely irritable and tired without it. I decided not to have one at all last night so that I wouldn't feel the same way today. I guess It's a little better, but I still have the caffeine headache. I guess that's what I get for being severely addicted to soda. *Sigh*

Nonetheless, I began my morning doing something I very rarely do...I ate breakfast!! Not only did I eat breakfast, I ate the suggested serving size of breakfast. I kind of felt like it wasn't enough, but once I was done eating it I felt fine! I had a bowl (1 cup) of Corn Pops and 1 cup of 2% milk to go with it. It was a good enough breakfast to begin with. I read recently that if you eat 300-400 calories a meal, and eat 4 meals a day then your metabolism will work much faster, because there won't be any lulls in digestion. I hope that theory is correct. I am going to attempt to find out exactly what my caloric intake should be in order to lose weight and attempt to stick to that. I also plan on having 2 HEALTHY snacks a day. I'll let you know how that goes, because I'm the worlds pickiest eater.

While I'm ready for today, in a lot of ways I'm not. It came up so fast that I keep thinking how can I go 6 weeks without eating my usual CRAP!? How can I go 6 weeks without the delicious taste of a Pal's Chipped Ham and Cheese sandwich and their seasoned frenchie fries? How will I go 6 weeks without enjoying the sweet burn that only Dr. Pepper can give your throat!? And then......I weighed myself, took my measurements, and stared at my flabby left over mom stomach in the mirror. Guess what, I decided right then that it wouldn't be so hard! Of course I will MISS those foods that are terrible for me, but I will not miss the effects of what they do to my body.

Here are the effects of my weigh in today:
Weight: 203 lbs. (which is 60 pounds less than my heaviest weight last year)
Measurements: Honestly, I have no idea how to measure myself so hopefully this is right.

Chest: 42 inches
Waist: 36 inches
Hips: 42 inches

I guess if anything I'd say I'm definitely an "hourglass" shape. My goal is to lose at least 6 inches off my body this year, and hopefully 15 pounds.

Wish me luck.

Peace, Love, and Portion Control
Sarah V.

1 comments:

The Hay Family said...

HAPPY FIRST DAY! I have posted to new blogs , one from last night, one from this morning. I also posted a yummy smoothie I think you will like. i know you said you don't like them sour, and this one turned out pretty sweet. YUM. I will be looking forward to hearing about your experiences. Hold on, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Post a Comment