Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Thursday, January 7, 2010

One Week Later..

Well, it's been a week of working out and I'm ashamed to say I didn't do near as well as I had hoped I would. The entire first 3 days of the new year my husband and father in law were home, which meant no working out for me. Then, just as I wanted to work out, I got sick. Now that I am all better, and ready to go...my husband is sick! He called out of work yesterday, so he was here all day. Since he didnt feel good and wanted to rest, I gave him the living room to use and let him play his games on my wii.

To recap week one:
Sick daughter-check.
Sick husband-check.
Sick self-check.
The inability to actually do much working out because I've been trying to take care of the above three, on top of managing house work, dishes, laundry, nap times, dr. visits etc?--double check.

I shouldn't really be ashamed that I haven't gotten a lot accomplished because I know life gets in the way sometimes and it's something we have to deal with. Being a full time stay at home mommy has its perks, but it also means that I'm expected to clean the house, do the dishes, take out the garbage, wash the clothes, clean the babies room, living room, kitchen, mop, sweep, scrub, etc. Don't get me wrong, I don't do all of that, all the time. But, I do try to keep the house clean, dishes clean, and laundry clean on most days.

I am PROUD to say however, that my eating habits have done a full 180. I haven't been eating any junk food, I've stuck to portion sizes, eaten breakfast every day, gotten a full 8 hours sleep, and as snacks I've been eating carrot sticks, and celery with peanut butter (of the non expired variety.) Yesterday began my usual "i'm craving chocolate, sweets, caffeine, soda, and every other horrible food imaginable" time of the month. It's going to be interesting to see how I get through without my usual 12 pack of dr pepper for the week. I don't really miss it as much as I thought I would. I've been sticking to milk, and Juicy Juice mostly. Oh, and water of course. So, hopefully the next 5 weeks I can stick to my new eating plan, and see if it helps any.

I initially lost around 6 pounds just in the first 2 days of doing this 'diet.' Since then, I've been stuck. The scale hasn't moved a pound. I'm a little saddened by that, but my stomach is looking a smidgen tighter, so hopefully I can see my progress in inches instead of pounds at least! Last night the scale told me I was 199 for a brief period of time, and I smiled at the fact my weight read one something, instead of two something. Then of course, after I ate and everything I was right back into the 2's, but seeing that made me happy nonetheless.

Week 2, I'm stepping it up a notch. I'm going to try to get in a work out EVERY day this week. Which means, today, tomorrow, then all of next week as well. I can't work out on the weekends, but I usually am off running errands at the store anyways. If we go to walmart and try to get in and out quickly, I literally break a sweat trying to run (walk quickly) from one end of the store to another repeatedly. Wish me luck!! I will post my new weight on February 1st. (Hopefully it's different than the old one.)

For anyone who doesn't feel like working out, I highly suggest doing some simple starter yoga. You can burn just as many calories as a light workout, and it feels great afterwards. Even if I don't work out some days I do yoga just to feel better. I'm going to try to get some in today and see if it helps ease my back pain.

How is everyone else doing out there in fitness land? Has any one seen any results yet? Are you still trying your best to keep up? Five weeks left! We can do it! Don't get discouraged, just keep on keepin on.

Peace, Love, and Rambling blogs!
Sarah V.

1 comments:

The Hay Family said...

A rough start...but next will be better. The 6 pond you lost at first was probably water weight, they say it is healthy to lose 2 lbs a week. When I was trying to lose weight last year it took about 2 weeks of walking everyday before I finally started losing weight! And then it was 2 pounds a week for about 3 months! So hang in there, I am confident you will see results very soon. Oh....and you need to post some comments on MY blog...I need encouragement, too! hehehehe

Post a Comment