Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Monday, January 4, 2010

Rough.

Well, today was once again another tough day. I have been sick all week, and today we had to get Emma into the doctor. It was not only freezing out, but it was also snowing. Her little baby cheeks were red and scabby all over. I felt so bad for her. I took her to the doctor for a few separate rashes she had on her body. I just wanted to be sure it was nothing serious. She wound up having a fever of 100 which has everyone totally baffled. She was diagnosed with Eczema. She has a pretty severe outbreak going on right now behind her legs and on her face. They have started her on not one, not two, but yes- three separate medications to clear it up. After that we will have to monitor her, and be sure that she stays well moisturized so she doesn't end up with scarring or discoloration.

So after waking up at 8, getting the baby ready, getting myself ready, having my hubby feed her and get ready, going to the doctors, waiting at the doctors, take her in to SEE the doctor, leaving and going to walgreens to fill her prescription, getting gas, going home and getting her down for a nap, running to kmart to look for a humidifier to help her skin, wandering around kmart and having no one know where anything was, buying andrew a new classic controller for the wii, getting home, cooking hamburger, chopping onions, and doing all thats needed to make crock pot chili, mopping the kitchen, doing the babies laundry, getting her back up again, making her a cup, cleaning up her toys off the entire living room floor, and then spending the rest of the day playing with her and chatting online very briefly.......I just haven't had time to work out. (Plus, I sorta feel like the running for 30 minutes to chase her around, and running all over heck today was a work out in itself.) THEN, I had to set the table and get everyone dinner by the time I was done having 45 minutes to myself! After that it was bedtime for baby, and I finally had a minute to myself.

I went ahead and put on my workout clothes so I could go to the living room to do some yoga, only to discover that after an hour, the baby had woken up. She was DRENCHED in sweat from head to toe. I ended up having to get her up and rock her until she went back to sleep. By the time I got back out there, Andrew was back on the wii and i was so exhausted I decided that I have been supermom today, and I deserve a little break. I still have my work out clothes on and I'm going to go do my yoga just as soon as I'm done with this blog!!

As for food. I didn't do horribly today, though I didnt eat what I wanted to. I had a cup of raisin bran and milk for breakfast, chili for lunch, a french vanilla cuppaccino (that andrew got me while we were running errands, which was sweet....but not great for me.) I also had a cup of chili for lunch, and 2 for dinner. I feel so bad today because I think I did poorly with my meals but re-reading them doesn't make them seem that bad. I did however have 3 cups of sweat tea today at 90 cal each. WHOOPS! But--still no soda. So hooray for that goal. Oh and now I'm snacking on cheerio snack mix. (its good for you!)

Anyways, I'm off to do my yoga. I will post new recipes later this week.

Peace, Love, and Cheerio Snack Mix
<3
Sarah V.

1 comments:

The Hay Family said...

Your'e doing good...and I bet you burnt a ton of calories with all that running around!! Keep it up!

Also...a lot of kids at the daycare I worked at used Eucerin for Eczema.

Post a Comment