Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Excitement.

I can already tell that today is going to be a multiple blog kind of day. I woke up this morning dreading stepping on the scale. I kept telling myself that I hadn't made any progress. After only doing yoga last night, and not working out at all Monday I was disappointed with myself. Well, ladies it turns out that my good eating habits are paying off!! I said in my last blog either I would be disappointed and push myself harder, or I'd be excited and see a reason to keep going. Well, I'm excited. I wanted to post new pictures, but I will have to add them to this post later. Andrew and I stayed up until 2 this morning and only got to sleep until 8. He has to go to work this afternoon so he's in the shower, while I'm getting Emma breakfast. (Oatmeal!) I don't have time to take a shower, get dressed, or do my hair and trust me no one wants to see "morning Sarah."

So, what are the results you ask? Well, my waist this morning was 34 1/2 inches. WHAT?! Yeah, I said it. I've lost an inch and a half off my waist. Of course, my waist was never my problem, it's the thinnest part of my middle and I was fine with it at 36. I will take what I can get and smile. I haven't measured the rest of me yet, and I don't know if I will. I'm pretty happy about what I've just found out, and If I haven't progressed elsewhere I might get a little discouraged. I feel that the yoga is really helping stretch me out more than I ever could have imagined, and it's so relaxing too!

As for my weight, well....that's another story! I had said before that I wanted to be back under 200. I started this thing at 207 (and some ounces) and wanted to lose 15 pounds. To be honest I wanted to be 185 which I think is reasonable but from my starting point that's actually 22 lbs. 15 pounds from what I started at would put me right at 192. I think I can handle that. If I can hit 192 by the 6th week, then I will gladly keep going. Well my friends, today when I stepped on the scale it said *drumroll please* 198.4. AHHHHHHHHHH! I'm under 200 pounds!! Not only that but I've lost almost ten pounds already!! That is insane. Who knew all these years that diet and exercise could be so easy and yield results?! Well, everyone knew but I just didn't want to believe it could be so easy. All the money I've spent on diet pills and all of the wasted *months* waiting for them to work, when all it took was 15 minutes of yoga or 30 minutes of cardio a few times a week!! I'm insanely happy. Before I got pregnant I was 195, and before I moved here I was 185 which is my goal. I feel tighter in the stomach, but it's still ya know.......hanging there. Curse you mom flab! None the less, I could have cried when I saw the numbers on the scale. It will only take me 6 more pounds to hit my 15 pound loss with our Wii Workout Together Plan!!!!!

Wow okay, sorry. I went a little off topic there and threw a lot of numbers at you. The point is that by rationing, not drinking my beloved dr. pepper, avoiding take out, and doing a tiny bit of exercise I have lost almost ten pounds in two weeks. Now I wish I hadn't gone to Applebee's yesterday just so I could have seen what I weighed before I had that steak, potatos, and veggies. Lucky for me, my one trip out (to celebrate my progress and as a date night with my husband) was spent making healthy choices! I won't lie, I wanted to order my usual Dr. Pepper with no ice and Three cheese pasta but I didn't. I made a smarter choice, and I was rewarded for it. I didn't over eat, I had a shooter for dessert, I left satisfied but not overstuffed. All in all I'm amazed at how much will power I've gained. That's something I've never had. And for anyone who doesn't know, a shooter is where they put your dessert in a shotglass.

I will post pics and maybe...maybe...take more measurements later. It's only 9 am so I've got a long day of working out and eating well ahead of me. Not to mention a lot more to babble about later I'm sure.

Peace, Love, and Shooters
Sarah V.

1 comments:

The Hay Family said...

I am so happy for you, Sarah!! Congratulations! You are doing fantastic! Quitting bad habits certainly made a difference! I did not see too many changes...but I am still satisfied. You get the trophy this week...well maybe..I haven't read Nathalie's blog yet!

Post a Comment