Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Ughhh...

Today was a really rough day. I'm not exactly sure why, but I have been starving all day. I have eaten my allotted amount of calories and have maybe 200 left for the day if I'm lucky. I haven't had much to drink at all because we ran out of  bottled water, our tap sucks, and I wasn't leaving the house with a baby when it was only 20 degrees out. So, I suffered through most of the day.

I got up this morning and had my peanut butter banana smoothie. I was hoping it wouldn't be as bitter as last night once I added more peanut butter to it, but it was. I'm not sure if its the type of yogurt (Activia vanilla) i'm using or what? Anyways, that held me over fine until noon or so. Then I had a lean cuisine meal that was only 260 calories, so I had a glass of sweet tea with it. I started my crock pot at 10 am and it was done by 4 so we had an early supper. It was AMAZING. I will post the recipe below. There are only 300 calories per serving, but we also had potatos (110 cal a cup) and I had half a glass of caffeine free root beer. (60 cal) On top of all that, I just had a yogurt and an apple for a snack. I may have something to eat soon, because my stomach is growling and It's been 4 1/2 hours since my last meal.

On top of all that I have just NOT felt good today. I have had horrible tummy aches, and felt really nauseated and tired. I can't remember the last time I felt so crappy, but I think it's my body adjusting to being caffeine free. At least, I hope that's what it is because I can't afford to get sick. We already have to take the baby back to the doctor on Monday, but that's another story.

I guess today was overall a pretty lazy day. I got up earlier than usual (830) and spent most of the day hanging out at home. I wanted to work out, but everyone else was in the living room watching movies so I didn't. I am going to do yoga tonight after Andrew goes to work. I can feel the muscles in my stomach working with yoga especially. I was surprised at how much it's helping. I think I may do 2 sessions tonight for a total of 1/2 an hour!! I actually enjoy doing it a lot, except the one super crazy move I haven't yet mastered on Your Shape. Drew goes in to work at midnight, and is gone til morning so maybe I'll be able to get in a good session without having to worry. I just hope I don't wake the baby.......

I also have to finish doing dishes tonight which is the chore I loathe most. I would rather change 100 dirty diapers a day, than load 5 loads of dishes. Ughhh. I really kind of just want to crawl into my bed, curl up into a ball, and go to sleep....can I just do that instead of what I've got planned? No, I suppose not.

Peace, Love, and Cranberry Pork Roast!!!
Sarah V.

Ingredients For Cranberry Pork Loin Roast

1-3 pounds Boneless rolled pork loin roast
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Pepper
1 16 oz. Can whole-berry cranberry sauce
1/4 c. Honey
1 tsp. Grated orange peel
1/8 tsp. Ground cloves
1/8 tsp. Ground nutmeg

Preparation

Cut roast in half and place in a slow cooker; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.

Recipe Details

Total Preparation Time: Less than 15 minutes
Ingredients: Pork
Actual Cooking Time: More than 2 hours
Number of Servings: 6
Origin: American
Special Features: Quick to Prepare (under 30 minutes)
Crock Pot
Holiday: Christmas
Meal Type: Entree


Nutrient Information

Calories: 310
Total Fat: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Carbohydrates: 40 g
Protein: 24 g
Calcium: 21 mg
Fiber: 1 g

2 comments:

The Hay Family said...

yeah...i think it's an off day for all of us, huh?

The Hay Family said...

You are probably hungry because you need more protein...try adding some peanut butter or a handful of unsalted nuts. Or look up foods that are low in cals and filling.I can't remember any right now...too early!

Post a Comment