Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Oh my, a blog.

Hello out there fellow blogsters. How is everyone doing on this fine Tuesday? I apologize for not having blogged in a few days, but the weekends are my "family time."

Lets start by saying that I don't work out on the weekends. I wish I could, but It's simply an impossibility. One of the downsides of living with my father in law. He is home every weekend, and my husband is as well. This of course means that any privacy goes out the window! I refuse to get dressed up in my sweats and a tank top and try to do yoga in front of 2 men, while also trying to wrangle a 15 month old baby into staying out of the cameras line of view. I just can't. So--Instead, I run errands with the hubby and generally get in at least 30 minutes of fast paced walking. It's better than nothing, right?

I know what you're thinking. "Sarah, yesterday was Monday and still you had no blog." Why yes, observant reader, you are correct. I had no blog yesterday. Why was that? Well, my husbands work hours changed yesterday and he was home all day until 7. Just as he was leaving (and giving me some alone time to work out) his dad got home. I spent the day cooking, cleaning, and shopping for my husbands 24th birthday which is today. So, once again I just wound up walking for 45 minutes at a quick pace. No, seriously I could have been jogging. I absolutely hate being out alone. I'm the queen of paranoia, and I couldn't stand it. I have never shopped so fast in my life. I was in and out of 2 stores with 2 separate items and back home within an hour. I actually broke a sweat. I know it's not as good as my cardio, but it was a workout...and I did it in dressy flats. Ouch.

Today is going to be a challenge. You see, since it's Andrews birthday I'm letting him do whatever he wants today. That includes him leaving for 90 minutes to play disc golf with his friends, and playing baseball on the Wii. Of course its only 2 pm so the day is still young, but in 3 short hours I have to start dinner (pork chops and mashed potatos, yum.) and then we will be having a birthday cake and opening gifts. Yes, I'm making my 24 year old husband blow out candles after dinner in the dark. I don't see why not. It sounds like fun to me. As much as I need to work out today, it looks like it might not happen because I'm going to be busy for the next few hours getting things ready and cleaning the house. I still have about 6 loads of laundry to do and another 2 loads of dishes as well. Emma is down for her nap so I couldn't have used this time to work out anyways. I am starting to think that my workout schedule revolves around everyone elses work and nap schedules. It's getting a little frustrating, and I'm starting to lose my mind. Tonight I'm going to fit in 15 minutes of yoga after Emma goes to bed...unless I can squeeze a little birthday cardio out of my husband that is. (If you don't know what I'm saying, I won't elaborate.)

I choose the yoga because it's quiet. When I'm doing my cardio it sounds like a herd of elephants are running through my living room. Yoga is quiet, and relaxing. Well, except the ONE POSE i can't do. Last time I did my work out I was so pissed because they had me do THAT pose every other time. Obviously, if I can't do it, I cant do it ya know? I didn't stand there limply though. I just did yoga poses that I DID know how to do instead. Sure, the camera yelled at me for doing it wrong, but I just simply don't have the grace or agility to do things the way they'd like. Not to mention, after hours of research on the internet I have never come across a person doing this yoga pose the way that Your Shape makes you. I can do it the "normal" way, but not in this crazy way that Jenny McCarthy does it. Damn you Jenny McCarthy and your tiny, limber body. *pouts angrily.* She's makin me look bad!

Anyways, I am still staying on track with portion control, and even after three days of not working out I had still LOST .4 lbs. So, it's good to know that eating healthier is paying off, even if its just in small increments. On top of what I'm already doing, my HUSBAND has suggested that we join weight watchers. I'm excited about it, but I'm waiting to see if he really follows through. I've been trying for some time now to get him to start on my diet and exercise program with me, or even just take walks with me. He of course refuses. I love my husband but his health scares me, and quite frankly it makes dieting harder for me when he has a ton of junk in the house. He is 5'9 and 245 lbs right now, where as I'm 5'11 and 199. I'm hoping that this is something we can actually do together, and that we can learn how to live a healthier life style.

Well, the baby is crying and it doesnt look like my husband is going to stop playing wii baseball long enough to go get her out of bed. I suppose I'll let it slide today, but it's time for her to have some lunch anyways.

This has been another edition of Sarah's Super Awesome Blog. I hope you enjoyed it. Hell, I almost managed to stay on topic the entire time!

Peace, Love, and Lean Cuisine
Sarah V.

2 comments:

The Hay Family said...

Birthday cardio...hahaha!

Anonymous said...

Take a deep breath! Okay, now blow it out real hard. Even when you can't get a workout in, you can get a few things in. When I know I can't go for my walk, I do a few crazy things around the house. Like squats, jumping jacks, etc. I also don't like to be watched, so I'll do like 1 minute of jumping jacks in the bathroom, chase after Isabel for a few minutes, that kind of thing. It seems silly and like it won't help, but it does. And I know you were talking about a pedometer. I would get one. It makes me feel good about what I've done that day. Even if I didn't fit in my walk, if I see that I did 10,000 steps anyway, I feel so accomplished. Lol on the birthday cardio! And you're probably doing a lot better than you think. You just don't know it yet. :)

Post a Comment