Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Monday, January 11, 2010

My ideal weight is?

I was just looking at a BMI calculator online. I know I'm slightly over weight, but I don't think by putting my weight into a calculator can give me an accurate number as to my "ideal weight." I don't want to be someone elses version of "ideal." I think 185 is a perfectly acceptable weight for me. The online calculator however, says I should weight about 155.

Lets think about this for a second. I have my daddies frame. I have broad shoulders, a large chest, a long torso, and I'm nearly 6 foot tall. How, for even one moment, would I look *HEALTHY* at 150 lbs? Even more so, it says for a "larger" frame up to 170 is acceptable. I think 170 would be great. I would look thin at 170 but still healthy. Do I want to aim for that right now? No. I would love to be 189 if I could. I just want to be back under 190. I was 195 the day I got pregnant with my daughter, and I didn't look fat by any means! (Ill post pictures at some point later.) What I'm getting at, is that we are all trusting the internet, and online "tools" to our health a little too much these days. I don't want an ideal weight. I want a HAPPY weight.

So the question remains...are you going for your ideal weight, or your HAPPY weight? (185 is my happy weight.) Or even better, are the numbers on the scale a factor for you, or do you just want to tone. I would happily remain 201 lbs if It means I didn't have hips, thighs, or this belly.

Leave a comment and let me know what you think.

Peace, Love, and Happy Weights!
Sarah V.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm basing what I want to lose on what I've been before. My whole family is very small framed, so when I tell people I want to be 125 lbs they look at me like I lost my mind. But I've been 135 before and looked great at that weight. Not too thin at that point. That would be my happy weight. I shoot for a little bit less than what I would be happy at because I always wind up 10 lbs heavier than what I shoot for, lol. I have no clue why that is though.

Sarah V. said...

my lowest weight was 153. i was 15 years old, 5'9, and didnt have the chest i do now. i looked pretty good. when i grew that last 2 1/2 inches, i grew up, over, out, and around. i was not pleased. :( but, im going to try to just be a weight that i am comfortable at.

The Hay Family said...

Yes...I don't care what I weigh as long as my belly is a little flatter. My family seems to carry their weight in their belly.When I was in high school I was 105! I do not want to be that thin again, I am thinking around 135 would be great for me, but I also have a small frame. Those "ideal" weight calculators need to take into account your frame and other factors. I would defintely go by what your personal ideal weight is, as long as it is within the "healthy" range. Everyone's idea of ideal is different. When I was super thin in high school, I wanted nothing more that to gain 20 pounds and be average. People teased me and called me anorexic, even though it was not my fault. I certainly ate like a normal teen. I never want to be that thin again!

Post a Comment