Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Monday, January 11, 2010

The wagon...

Well, yesterday I fell off the wagon a little bit, which I blogged about. Today I'm trying harder to eat better. I'm not sure how great of a job I'm doing, but the only thing I've had to drink so far today is water, so thats a plus. I started my day off with 2 nutrigrain bars. They are 130 calories each and it was already 930 so I knew lunch was coming up fast. I ended up having a lean cuisine for lunch as usual. It was pasta and fish at 260 cal I believe. So, I'm off to a decent start today at least.

Yesterday I went absolutely insane. I started crying because I hadn't been out of the house in a week, and cabin fever finally got to me. We got grandpa to watch the baby while we went to Walmart for an hour and a half. Yes, that's all it takes to make me happy...a trip to Walmart. You hush. So, anyways we got Emma a humidifier (cool water) and a few other things we needed for the house. I also got a few snacks including: rice cakes, nutrigrain bars, danon vanilla yogurt (instead of activia) and 100 calorie caramel yogurts. They are to DIE for. I highly recommend looking into them if you have a sweet tooth like I do. The rice cakes also help curb my craving for salt. I'm not sure why, but they do. They are even honey nut flavored, yum.

One of the main reasons I went insane yesterday, was because my laptop just died on me. Luckily Rent a center is having a deal where you can get any item free until feb 6th. Andrew went there first thing this morning and got me the biggest laptop i've ever seen. It's an Acer Aspire, and the screen is the same size as our lcd tv. Luckily, I get to test run it for the next 4 weeks free. So, yay.

Alright, that was a little off topic. Back to the subject of weight loss and such. Eating healthy food is a little limiting in my book. I keep trying to find new things I might enjoy, but I'm having troubles. If anyone has any suggestions I'd be happy to hear them. I'm trying to find a smoothie thats sweet without too much extra ingredients. I'm having a rough time with that because im picky with my fruits. I like all major fruits, but im unsure about the unknown. As for my poor broken scale, I am going to attempt to replace the battery (which is some lithium watch style battery) before I return it. I am going to get my NEXT scale at Walmart. The only thing Kmart is good for, are Joe Boxer booty shorts. Haha, that's not something you need to hear. Regardless, recipes-send them to me at CyanideSarah@live.com. Even if you have suggestions, ideas, work outs I might enjoy, anything you can think of to help me lose weight, feel free to email me about it.

This was the most rambling blog I've written yet. I'm trying to blog, talk to SkinnyQuinny (www.skinnyquinny.blogspot.com) install limewire, firefox, and about a million other programs onto the new computer, all while drinking water, and watching my husband play Wii. My brain is not able to process quite that much.

Peace, Love, and fresh starts
Sarah V.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's see. . . the Laughing Cow Cheese on Saltines is very yummy. . . I found Jello Mousse for 60 cals a pack (I haven't had one yet though). . .and I'm with you. . . I like Rice cakes too. . .always have,lol!

The Hay Family said...

I agree...I also have tried fat-free pdding and jello and think they are both yummy. Watch out for things with Splenda...they can make you bloat! Remember to watch out for empty calories. which means something high in calories but not a lot of vitamins/nutrients and other GOOD stuff. And NEVER eat anything with any amount of TRANS FAT!!! Trans fat is super bad and is part of what causes belly fat.

Post a Comment