Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Still goin...

Today, is another rough day. I don't know what it is, but I have felt sick the past few days. It turns out the other day when I made my peanut butter, banana, yogurt smoothie...the peanut butter had gone bad and no one realized it until after I'd already eaten it. It was out of date by around 6 months, and I'm not sure if I'm physically sick, or making myself sick thinking about it. Either way, I'm sickened.

I spent my day today doing great with my calories. I had raisin bran for breakfast, and a lean cuisine for lunch. I tried a new recipe for dinner which had a LOT of calories. That's sort of why I hadn't snacked or anything all day. It's called French Toast Casserole and it's YUM. I must warn you though, this recipe makes quite a bit. By "quite a bit" I mean, it fed 3 adults, a baby, and I still had to put the rest in the fridge for morning. It was a little time consuming, but you can make it ahead of time, freeze it, and cook it for morning. I thought that was pretty neat! Tomorrow we're going to have Crock-Pot Chili. I can't wait. That was going to be todays meal, but I forgot to thaw out the hamburger meat. Oopsie. I'll remember to set that out tonight, so that it will be ready by morning.

In other news, I weighed myself this morning. I was down to 201. I'm pretty excited about that, because it means I'm losing the water/bloat/soda weight I'd had so much of. Now I can find my weight, and work my way down from there. I want to lose about 15 more pounds, to reach around 185.  If I'm still unsatisfied, I'll go from there. Honestly, I think 185 is a good weight for my height/frame. I'm not looking for an IDEAL weight, I'm looking for my HAPPY weight.

I haven't done any exercise yet today. I will have to wait once again until Emma goes to bed, so that I may do my yoga in peace. I think I'll just make that a nightly event, and do my aerobics all week long. I hate that I can't do much, if anything, during the weekends because the family is home. It makes me feel lazy, stiff, and unproductive. So hopefully I can get back into the swing of things tomorrow. Well.....if I'm lucky. After all, I have to take the baby in to the doctor again for a rash she has. Such is the life of a busy mommy.

Peace, Love, and Trying New Foods.
Sarah V.

Ingredients

1 lb. Loaf Italian Bread
8 oz. Low fat cream cheese
1/2 cup Sugar, divided
1/2 tsp. Vanilla essence or Vanilla extract (flavoring)
1/2 cup Chopped pecans, optional
4 Eggs
2 cups Milk
1 tsp. Cinnamon
2 tbs. Butter, melted


Preparation

Cut bread into cubes, place half in greased 9x13" pan. Microwave the cream cheese to melt, stirring midway. Once melted, add half the sugar. Pour this mix over the bread cubes (will not completely cover). Sprinkle nuts over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining bread cubes. In a bowl, beat the remaining sugar, eggs, milk, cinnamon and melted butter together. Pour over bread cubes. Freeze at this point or let sit overnight in fridge. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Serve with warm syrup or fruit toppings.

 

Nutrient Information

Calories: 404 per serving (makes 6 servings)
Total Fat: 17 g
Saturated Fat: 8 g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.3 g
Carbohydrates: 49 g
Protein: 15 g
Vitamin A: 525 IU
Vitamin C: 4 mg
Calcium: 153 mg
Sodium: 393 mg
Iron: 2.5 mg
Fiber: 3 g



ENJOY!!!!!!!

You can also make it, freeze it, and cook it in the morning if you'd rather have it for breakfast. :)

1 comments:

The Hay Family said...

If your stomach still hurts, I wouldn't recommend the chili tonight!

Post a Comment