Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Monday, February 1, 2010

I'm Baaacck.

Hello blog readers! I'm back. I'm sure that if you check my website you may have noticed an absence. Well, you see...my husband and I moved 6 months ago and could never afford to get the internet installed. We were 'borrowing' from a neighbor, who has since moved. That obviously means I was without internet, until........today! Our first month will cost $135.00 (ow!) but it will be worth it, because we also got cable. Now maybe my sanity won't suffer. Yay.

     Anyways, on to health related things. I have been feeling extremely unmotivated. I want so badly to lose weight, and the fact that it's happening slower than I'd like has me feeling down. I am at 198.6 pounds which makes for about a 9-10 lbs loss depending on which day/time I weigh myself. I am still learning a lot about my body, which kind of sucks. It has done a 180 since having a baby. Things that never bothered me, now do a horrible number on me. Take for example, milk.
     Now, milk is the one drink I like to have with my meals. I don't drink a lot of it, but when I do I might have 2 glasses a day (16 oz or so.) When I *do* have it my stomach swells, my pants get tight, and I suddenly have the slushy waterbed feeling going on in my belly. It takes a while for my stomach to stop pushing out, and I HATE it. But enough complaining..
    
     The past few weeks that I've been gone have been going pretty well. I am sad to say I can't do much working out, and i may end up being down for the count soon if my knees don't improve. I did a 15 minute workout today, but nearly collapsed in tears because I was in so much pain. I will post a picture later of what my knees currently look like, but let's say they're not pretty. When I was in high school I tore all of the bi-lateral cartiledge in both knees. I was supposed to have steroid injections done until my knees improved, but after one visit where there was a giant needle went under my kneecaps twice, I quit going. This was of course 6 years ago. I never imagined my knees still wouldn't be healed.
At the moment it looks like there are marbles or small golf balls coming off the sides of each knee because of the swelling. On days I can't work out, I still attempt to do yoga. It isn't as bad, but some of the stretches still get pretty rough on the knees. Hopefully things will get better, but I'm trying to push through the pain.

     As for eating choices, I haven't been doing horribly, but I could have been better. Andrew took me out on a date this Saturday, and we had Ruby Tuesdays. I LOVE their restaurant, but I did absolutely HORRIBLE that night and wound up gaining almost an entire pound. I had Parmesan chicken pasta, chips and spinach dip (1/4 each and the rest got thrown away) a sweet tea, and a glass of alcohol. I had something called a pyrat hurricaine, and it was pretty good. I ended up having my pasta as TWO meals, instead of just one. I saved it from lunch and had the other half at dinner, so hopefully that helped offset some of the calories. Then, last night Andrew brought me home a burrito from taco bell, and I felt I had no choice but to eat it. Well-let's just say today I learned my lesson. I woke up feeling sick, spent most of my morning in the bathroom getting ill, and then put on a pound because of it. I guess my body and take out do NOT agree anymore. That could be a great thing for me, If I CANT eat take out, I won't!

So that's it, my knees are bad, my motivation is dwindling, my eating habits are still pretty much the same (not as bad as before/could be better) and I'm hoping with you GIRLS (and maybe guys?) around to give me some motivation I will be able to do better. One thing I can PROUDLY say is that I have had NO CALORIC SODA since the day before our challenge began. NO Dr. Pepper at all, and the only soda I have had was caffeine free. Once it starts to warm up, I'm going to begin going outside for 30 minutes a day and walking around at the very least. Being indoors makes me feel crappy non-stop.

Sorry for the rambling blog, I haven't had t.v. in a looooong time, and my favorite show (NCIS) came on mid-blog. Please forgive the babbling.

Peace, Love, and Hamburger Helper
Sarah Elaine

P.s. Dasani water=love.

2 comments:

The Hay Family said...

I would NOT push through the pain. In fact, I would stick strictly to light yoga that puts NO strain on your knees...I know it sucks, but you could still do v-ups and stuff like that. I don't want you to injure yourself and be set back. Of course, stick to your diet and take it easy until the swelling goes down. Then maybe start over slowly!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Quinn. If you have pain, the best thing to do is try to rest, relax, and let your body heal. Trust me. I did this last time, and all 20 lbs I lost (in 2 months) came rushing back because I had to take it easy. And that was just an overstretched hamstring, which took 2 months to heal from.

As far as food, eat half of it. If your hubby brings home take out, eat half of it if you're not sure of the calorie count. That way you know you're eating a reasonable amount of calories. :)

Post a Comment