Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Hair + Vlog=Fail

I got my bangs cut last night. My husband likes them, most of my friends think they're too short, AND one even told me I look like a soccer mom circa 1995 and that I should kill whoever "did this to me." So, no more video blogs. I'm really self conscious about how bad I look now. I guess I'll just let my bangs grow for a few weeks, and never cut them again. Sigh. I almost thought they looked okay for a split second, but then everyone started telling me how bad I looked. It's great that people are honest, but there's a certain point of honesty that you just don't pass. "I don't really care for them." See-that's an honest phrase I'm okay with. "You look like shit, who the hell did that to your head?" That- that's a little too honest. What do you think.
Here's a little before and after. i don't think my bangs look terrible, they're just new and will take some adjusting. They were cut to be parted just on one side, so I will have to train them a little bit, but is it really THAT bad? *Cries*

Anyways, we are getting ready to go hit up a Chinese place for lunch. My husband hasn't shut up about Chinese in 3 days, so we're going to go. Luckily they have veggies and other healthy foods, because I'm not a huge fan of "original" Chinese dishes. Then we are going to go walk around the mall. I have to return a hoodie I ordered that didn't fit because of my chest *ahem* being in the way. So, I'm goin to get a medium mens hoodie because I KNOW They fit better. I have one in XL and it's not only huge and super long, but it's very comfy. It sucks because it's freezing out today, but at least we're getting out of the house! So hopefully I can get a few hours of walking in at the mall. Walking is always nice, but I'm more excited about Tuesday when I get to wriggle my chunky butt into a yucky one piece bathing suit and go swimming, woohooo!

Okay, my hubby is pressuring me to get ready so I have gotta get going. Ill keep you updated, and for the love of god SOMEONE tell me my hair isn't as bad as I think it is.

Peace, Love, and Bad Hairstyles
Sarah V.

5 comments:

Nathalie said...

What are you talking about?! Your hair looks really cute! I wish I could look like that with bangs. Golly. . . (that sounds better if you think about how it sounds southern). . . I don't know who these people are telling you these things, but tell them to just shush and let you adjust to it. It makes your eyes stand out a little more. :)

Sarah V. said...

Lol, thanks. They are kind of awkwardly side cut so I tried to get them to stay like that in the middle, but its not working so well. Next week will be easier once the "new" cut breaks in a little bit. I just didnt want to cut my hair and the bangs seemed cute to me. I have had like ten people tell me how awful I look, and three say they like it. I guess everyone has a different opinion. Oh well, in a month or two they will be to my ears and no one will even notice them lol. :)

The Hay Family said...

I told you already but I will tell you again, I LIKE your bangs! Especially in that pic...they are super fabulous! The look really cute and make you look all sophisticated and mysterious. They are cute. And I bet they will be cuter once you train em to go to one side. two thumbs up!!

Sarah V. said...

It will take a while to train them. I have done bangs quite a few times, but still get nervous every time. Plus, after one person tells me how bad I look I feel awful. I think they make me look more like a "mommy," don't you? :)

Christy said...

I think they look really good, it suits you!

Post a Comment