Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Date Night! Erm, Afternoon...

Today, my hubby took me out for a lunch date. We went to Applebee's, and spent an hour and a half kid free. It was definitely nice. I skipped breakfast (I know, I KNOW) because by the time I was up, clothed, and ready to go it was nearly time to leave. I really didn't think I should eat, before I went out to eat. I'm working on that though. Luckily I slept in for an extra hour while daddy got up with Emma. Anyways, back to what I was saying...

For lunch I had a 7 oz sirloin steak cooked medium well, mashed potatos, and mixed steamed veggies. Yes, it was as delicious as it sounds. I only wound up eating half my steak, half the veggies, and all of the potatoes. Unfortunately for me, I wound up having a sprite with my meal. Apparently, my body isn't used to the carbonation anymore, because I got deathly sick when I got home. I wound up being sick most of the day, and it wasn't fun at all.

We also had to grocery shop today. I made a small grocery list with enough meals to last Monday through Friday. We ended up spending $144 on groceries for the week. That is really high even for us, but we had to get Emma's toddler food which is $2 a meal. We are trying to get her to eat more people food, which she usually does if it's nothing too coarse. However, the last six weeks have been really rough. She keeps getting diaper rash, after diaper rash, after diaper rash. I hate it for her. She gets them in front and back, which makes it rough on everyone because none of us get to sleep. Tonight I put her down an hour early, and she has already woken up crying twice. She just cut new teeth too, so that makes it even better.

Oh wait, where was I? ...Right right. I guess I spent about 3 hours walking today. I didn't get a chance to do my elliptical because Andrew and I were gone all day. Now he is asleep until 10, and then he has to go to work at 11. I thought about trying to do it after he woke up, but I'm not sure working out before bed is a good idea, because I already have trouble sleeping at night. Exercise just makes me hyper.

On a side note, I just ate some leftover lasagna. I must say, lasagna is tasty no matter when you eat it. I probably stayed under or at least within my calorie count today, but not having breakfast was a bad thing. Hopefully I can do better tomorrow.

In non weight loss news, my life is a bit hectic right now. Is it possible to be bored and hectic all at the same time? My husband and I have been doing really well with the exception of one night. We get along well most of the time, but we are both stubborn and hard headed so when we argue it's like a fight to the death, and then nothing is resolved. Usually we both go to bed angry, which I hate doing. However, by morning we are over it and things are fine. Other than that, with Emma teething, my looking for work, tryin to get Emma into daycare (which breaks my heart) and tryin to decide when/where/how we will be getting our own place....

I'm under a LOT of stress. It may not sound like much, but I am. So-lately I have been having a lot of issues with my monthly visitor and I'm not sure if it's the stress, the diet changes, the exercise routine, or all of the above but it is reallllllllllllllly making me frustrated. I know it's weird to put all of this personal information in a blog, but I just needed to vent a little. Usually I talk to my friend Quinn, but I was taking a break from yahoo until I finished my blog. I tend to sidetrack easily otherwise.

So, as I was saying. I guess I have to make a doctors appointment. I don't particularly WANT to but both my husband AND my dear friend Quinn want me to go. I suppose it couldn't hurt since my last appointment was when my daughter was 10 weeks old. She is now 16 months, so it's been about a year and a half since my last doctors visit. That means doctor of any kind...

Some of you may not know this about me, but when I was 15 I was diagnosed with pre-cancerous cervical cells. I then had to undergo biopsies every 3 months for a year. It was horrible, and painful. I wasn't allowed to have pain killers as the doctor was cutting 3-4 pieces of my cervix out, and then rubbing my insides with iodine. After they removed and tested all of the pre-cancerous cells, they told me that my cervix looked clean. Then, a few years later I found out I had horrible ovarian cysts. I spent a few years with the worst pains, irregular periods, and cramps from rupturing cysts. Sometimes it got so bad, I would double over in tears. I had 3 miscarriages in the years before my daughter was born because of a hormone deficiency.  On TOP of pre-cancerous cervical cells, and ovarian cysts, I also was told I had a progesterone deficiency and would "most likely" be unable to carry a child without the help of fertility drugs.

What all of that has to do with now is my fear. It is adding to the stress I'm already facing. I can't stop the thought that ONE of those problems has returned. I keep trying to think positively, but for things to randomly become irregular or just stop all together is completely out of the ordinary for me. This has been going on for two months now. I keep thinking about all of the possibilities, and I don't really like the outcome of any of them. I keep thinking it could be a fluke, tryin to stay positive, but it's just really difficult to do in a situation like this. Given my medical history, it could be a number of things. I guess I'm just a little down about it all.
My husband wants me to wait it out through the weekend, see if anything happens, and if not I'm making a doctors appointment. Wish me luck that it's nothing. Hopefully I'm just over reacting, which is something I tend to do a lot.

I hope everyone is having a fantastic diet and exercise weekend, OR a break weekend. Whatever it is you're doing, I hope you do it with passion. Have a fantastic weekend everyone. I look forward to reading all of your blogs, and HOPEFULLY comments on mine. *Hint hint.*

Peace, Love, and The Disney Channel...
<3 Sarah V. <3

1 comments:

BrookeNotOnADiet said...

I have womenly issues too. I never get a period, well on VERY rare ocassions do I get one. I had one last year for the first time in almost 3years.

Doctors scare me, so that's why I've never had it checked out. I have unoffically diagnosed myself with Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome. I have all the syptoms, so I think it's a fitting diagnosis.

I know I need to get it checked out, but everything about it scares me. Like I really don't want to be offically diagnosed. I don't know. It's hard to explain.

I hope it's nothing major for you!

Also, I'm now craving mashed potatoes!!

Post a Comment