Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Exercise!!!!!!

Well, I'm just waiting on the hubby to finish getting ready and then we're off. We are going to go buy an elliptical today. I weighed my options between treadmill and elliptical, and since I have bad knees we decided to get an elliptical. Andrew even said he'd pay for half of it and he'd use it too! (He's 5'9 at 236, and he's trying to lose weight too.) I'm pretty excited. I'm not looking forward to putting it together, but if I can do 30 minutes a day for a week to start with, I might be in good shape by summer!

In case you were wondering how we can possibly afford this with my husband working part time in a grocery store, we got taxes back yesterday! I went out and got a MUCH needed new laptop. I really wanted an Acer, but I wound up getting a Sony Vaio instead. I must say, I love it. The keys are spaced apart, and it's touch pad doesn't get boiling hot. I'm pretty excited. Then today, my husband ordered himself a new electric guitar. He used to have several, but when I moved down here from Iowa he sold them for me. I know, he's such a sweetheart. He wound up pawning them and selling them to get us an apartment before I was even down here, so I had somewhere to move into. Yes, he's a sweetheart. AND last night he told me I was an awesome wife. I don't hear things like that often, so I was really happy about it. *Insert smiley face!*

So--that was our Friday. I'm wondering what he has up his sleeve for tomorrow. He kept telling me we weren't going to do anything, and then he told me he got me a present. Now I feel bad because I didn't get him anything. He likes to do that though. He pulled the same thing on Christmas. He prefers to buy me presents, and not getting anything in return. He's crazy I know. I'm just so excited he's agreed to use the elliptical too, and try to eat healthier.

We have been buying wheat bread, and we cut out the whole milk. I bought a carton of silk yesterday, because I told my friend Quinn and her brother Justin that I'd try it. I'm a HUGE fan of Vanilla, so I thought I'd start with vanilla silk. Well--I'll say this. It wasn't awful. It wasn't delicious, but I hear it takes some getting used to. I felt like I was drinking liquidated rice paper. I'm being brave, I'm trying new things, and I know that sometimes there will be things I don't enjoy, but I'm going to drink the entire carton...slowly. I am also going to use it to make my cappuccinos! (I got 100 calorie cappuccino packs! who knew they existed?)

In other news, I've been doing research and attempting to  find out more information on this website called Yummie Tummie. I am looking into some shapewear for tank top season. (If I get my arms in shape.) Their tank tops look amazing, and I hear they do a great job. I'm just afraid that since I'm a big girl (5'11/198 lbs) that they won't be long enough in all the right places. The tanks are $60 each which is a little steep for my budget, but since I have taxes to do it, I may give it a shot. I've also looked into spanx, but I have read many many bad reviews. So, if anyone has any input on shapewear let me know! Also, if you get the chance check out yummie tummie, because It's ADORABLE and I love it. Maybe once I start to lose more weight, I'll give it a try.

Peace, Love, and Music
Sarah V.

2 comments:

The Hay Family said...

Did you ever get your elliptical? I hope it helps you to workout without injuring your knee!!

Christy said...

Its nice to meet you! I haven't read over your blog yet but I'm just about to...hope we can keep supporting each other! Thanks for reading!

Post a Comment