Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Dear Friends.

This is just a quick shout out to the ladies who are there standing by me, and also one another. If it weren't for you guys, I would NOT be as far as I am today. I wouldn't have turned my eating habits around, given up my BELOVED Dr. Pepper, (Still haven't had one all year!) or ever in a MILLION years bought a workout machine, or even attempted a 6 week challenge. You are all the strength that gets me through, the motivation that keeps me going, and the friends that I love getting to know on all of these new levels. So Cheers to you girls.

 NATHALIE
www.littlepiggetsskinny.blogspot.com

Nathalie, even though we have never met, you are a great inspiration to me. We face the same struggles, we are around the same weight, and we both know our way around a yo-yo diet. Every time you write a new blog, I can read it and relate so much. You only live a state away, so who knows, maybe over time we can become close friends and one day we can road trip and the girls can play date! You are doing a fantastic job, and even though you're stuck in a rut with "month 2" I know you can do it. I have faith in your abilities. Stay positive!

QUINN
www.skinnyquinny.blogspot.com

Quinn. My little Quinndalynn. I wonder how much that nickname annoys you sometimes. Even though we used to work together, I have very little memory of the time we spent talking. I wish we had gotten to know each other more when we were working together, and perhaps even hung out more. Even though we didn't, I'm glad we became friends. I have no idea how we became online buddies, I have no idea how it is we even began chatting to be honest with you. All I know is that I couldn't have asked for a better battle buddy!! You were by my side through my pregnancy as a "pregnancy buddy." And now, here we are fighting the battle of the bulge together! You are a great friend, and I love talking to you. You are the best listener and one of the best advice givers I have ever met. You are also a great writer, and I hope you know that! You and I seem to connect a lot on different levels, and 99 percent of the time I absolutely forget that you are 3-4 years older than me! I can't wait to visit Iowa and I hope that you get to come visit. I would LOVE it for Har and Emma to meet. I have a feeling that you and I will be friends for many years to come. You are doing a great job at weight loss, and sometimes I am jealous of how great you look! I keep reminding myself we are different people, with different body types. I know you struggle with yourself the same way the rest of us do, but I think you look great! Now we just have to get our husbands on the weight loss bandwagon! *Hugs.*


BROOKE
www.brookenotonadiet.blogspot.com

Oh Brooke. I can't believe it's been years since we last saw one another. I will admit, that our last visit was a lovely way to go out, haha. From the first day I met you, I was taken aback by how outgoing you were. You have this personality that I would kill for. Your eyes sparkle when you talk about something you love, and you let passion consume you when you find something worth keeping. We love the same music, we love the same bands, we support the same groups, (twloha anyone? <3) and of course we both have kick ass tattoos. I am so glad that I met you, even if it was under strange circumstances. If it weren't for Chad, you and I would never have known one another, so we should probably thank him for that! You are an amazing girl, and you inspire me with every blog you write. I am absolutely amazed at your progress and dedication. You look like a different person than when I met you! You are GORGEOUS! I hope that your journey continues on until you can find a place where you're happy, just like the rest of us. I just want you to know that I think what you've done, and what you're doing is AMAZING. Hell, I think you should be a spokes model for Weight Watchers at this point. You are one HELL of a success story girl.


SARAH (That's right, this is to myself!)
www.shapestory.blogspot.com

Dear Sarah,
You are an amazing person. Sometimes it saddens me that life has thrown more at you than you feel you can handle, but I know you will get through it. You are doing a great job. You are an amazing mother, and your daughter loves you very much. Every time you have a bad day, I want you to remind yourself that you are doing this not only for yourself, but for her as well. You don't want your daughter to face the same weight struggles that her parents do. You want her to know from a young age how to eat right and exercise. You are also a great wife. Though at times you and your husband don't get along, deep down you love one another. Things are rough right now, and you need to cut everyone some slack. It isn't easy on anyone being 24 and living at home with the in-laws. I know stress gets to you, but i'm VERY proud of you for not giving in and becoming a binge eater.........again. I am also astonished that you have given up your FAVORITE soda in the whole wide world. Sure, the occasional Sprite, Seven Up, or Root Beer won't hurt you nearly as much because they are caffeine free, but keep it to a minimum okay? Oh, and great job actually LEARNING TO LOVE water! Which, if you recall is something you once loathed. I know you get down on yourself because your weight loss is taking a long time, but honey, that's because you're doing it the right way. For the first time in your life you're not taking diet pills and starving yourself. You're not depriving yourself of the things you love, but rather learning to use moderation. You are changing your entire life a little at a time. Sure, it's hard. Sure, it will take a really long time. But just know that in the end this is goin to be worth it. You will be happy with yourself, you will love yourself more with each passing day, and you will succeed. You have a lot of great friends who are here to help you fight this war, and as long as they keep pushing on, so too shall you.

And Finally-YOU. Yes YOU.
Hello random blog reader. I see you over there in the corner spying. I have recently begun to notice you, and your blogs as well. I am a subscriber, and I am now following in your story as well! I haven't got much to say about you yet, but you are now a part of my journey. I am also a part of yours. Our lives have intertangled, if only on blogger, and I love to read your stories. You are a motivation just like the rest of these girls, and we look forward to reading your stories, your comments, your struggles and triumphs. Welcome to the battle of the buldge, we look forward to hearing from you!!

Thanks to all of the blog readers, friends, family, facebookers, myspacers, and random bloggers who stop by to view my page, and the pages of my friends. We appreciate the support, and love every bit of it. <3

SINCERELY,
Sarah V.

3 comments:

The Hay Family said...

LOVE the shout out Sarah! Sniff, sniff...made me tear up! I will also have to do one of these! Yes wehave different bodies and habits but it doesn't matter, all that matters is that we make this journey together, right? Thanks for the encouragement with my writing, too.You will definitely get a shout out in my novel ;)

Sarah V. said...

Aw, hooray! :) I can't wait to read your blog AND novel.

Nathalie said...

Aw, thank you! That's so sweet. Let me tell you, you girls continuing to blog has kept me blogging, that's for sure. :) I have a serious case of startitis, no matter what it is I start, lol!

Post a Comment