Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Monday, February 22, 2010

My Legs Are Jello!!!

My legs are jello is a metaphorical statement. I apologize if I mislead anyone into believing my legs had suddenly become delicious, slimy, cold, wiggle down your throat, delicious jello. No, no. My legs are so wobbly, I had difficulty walking up the stairs from the basement. I feel like I could pass out, and I only burned 100 calories. WHAT? This is insanity.

Well, my "plan" was to start working out today at 15 minutes a day, and then work my way up to 30. I had sort of forgotten that plan, and I tried to go full force into a 30 minute work out. I stretched a little before, and my knees are feeling pretty good. I just guess that it's not a great idea to try to vigerously pedal your feet after not working out for the past 3 weeks or better. My entire body is literally shaking. Of course, it doesn't help that my lady friend FINALLY showed up fifteen #@#$#% days late! Yeah, because that's normal. Ugh.

So, here I am feeling like cramp. I've got the usual crampy, bloating, irritation going on and I decide..."HEY! I'm goin to go work out." I was hoping it would help me feel better, but it didn't. In fact, I feel like I just ran the mile, and am about to puke. My chest is on fire, my legs are burning, and I'm as sweaty as that fat cable guy who comes to fix your internet, and you just pray he doesn't sit on your furniture. Yeah, I look THAT sexy right now.

Anyways, I did manage to get in ten minutes to start today. I might attempt another five or ten later today. If I can do my workouts in 2-15 minute incriments, or even 3-10 minute incriments then I'll be fine. It just sucks because the machine has to be in the basement, and I can only work out while Emma naps. Im lucky if I get her to do that ONCE a day for 1 1/2-2 hours. Today I made her lay back down for a nap. She's going to be pretty pissed off at me, because I'm only letting her sleep an hour since it's already so late. This means she will cry for 30 minutes, sleep for 30, and then be mad until bedtime. Usually, she will actually sleep though.

So, my "plan" didn't work out exactly as planned. I am proud of myself for actually doing what I set out to do today, even if it was only briefly. I woke up this morning and thought to myself, "I'm going to wait another week, because I feel like shit" As the day went on, I felt more and more guilty. I also wanted to prove to myself that I could make the changes necessary, and get in a little exercise every day. Just a little. I'm not going to be some huge work out fanatic, or get huge and buff. I just want to be able to make a life style change, stick to it, and reap the benefits. And oh-you better believe me, there had BETTER be benefits for all of this work I'm puttin in, heh. =]

This is my first REAL attempt at getting back into shape since I had my daughter. I have LOST plenty of weight, but the skin...the flab...the batwing arms....all needs to retire now. So-For starting the six week fitness challenge with me, and sticking to your guns, I salute all of YOU guys as well as myself. And that is why I am awesome today! (Reason #2)

Peace, Love, and Online Shopping
Sarah V.

Oh, and in other fun news...I got all of my accessories for my DSi, including 2 new games. I also got the 2nd tax refund check that we've been waiting for since last year. That gives us an extra $1200 to put in the bank. Sometimes it pays to be married....with children. Literally! If anyone has any fun suggestions on the Dsi feel free to let me know. As of right now I have
1. MySims Kingdom
2. Galatrix: Puzzle Quest
3. Scribblenauts!

:)

1 comments:

The Hay Family said...

great motivation getting a workout in when you didn't feel well, but take it easy, ok? I am afraid of how hard my workout will be tomorrow after being sick all weekend! :( I am feeling much better but I am still stuffy so I am sure that will make it hard to breath during my workout. UGH. I will be sure to post a blog tomorrow!

Post a Comment