Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

This winter is killing me....

Good afternoon fellow bloggers and blogettes. Today is another rough day in the wonderful world of weight loss.

The majority of my day was spent out and about, apartment hunting. I think I just heard a collective groan from all of my readers. I'm sure you all know how difficult apartment/house hunting can be. We had to tote Emma around in the snow too, which was horrible. I put her in long johns, then sweats, then her coat. Hey, at least she was warm. The weatherman told us there was only a 30% chance of snow today, and it hasn't stopped snowing since last night. *grumbles about stupid weather men.* On the way back from apartment hunting we had THREE close calls on the ice. We decided to pack it in and call it a day. I'm pretty disappointed, because I was excited to see the other 2 places. We didn't like the ones we DID see, which was also disappointing.


Since we were already out Andrew decided we should just have lunch at Burger King. I sighed and agreed because we've been bickering a lot lately and I just wanted to get along for a few minutes. I'm still waiting on that certain friend to visit this month so I'm grouchy, and bloated! Anyways, I decided to have a fish sandwhich and I only ate half of my fries. I still haven't had a dr. pepper in 6 weeks, so I had a sweet tea instead. That's another habit that's going to be hard to break btw. Anyways, Emma had a chicken nugget kids meal and she loved it. She ate her nuggets, but not much of her fries. We spent fifteen dollars on take out. It kills me knowing how much food that would buy at the grocery store. None the less, I opted for something a little healthier than I used to get. I even had breakfast today! Yay for honey nut cheerios.

As for working out, I'm going to try to get back into that in the next week or so. I'm looking to buy a treadmill next week if I can. I don't know where I'll put it yet, but walking for 30-60 minutes a day will help me lose weight better than doing nothing. I am going to get back into working out using my copy of Your Shape. I lost 10 lbs in 6 weeks doing that work out every other day or so. If I did it every day I'm sure I could have hit 20. Unfortunately for me, this last week and a half or so of not being able to work out has caused me to put on 2 lbs. I'm hoping its because I'm pms-ing, but we'll see. Tomorrow is our FINAL DAY of the 6 week challenge. I'm not really ready for it at all. I will post my final before/after weights and measurements. Of course, because or 6 week challenge is over doesn't mean that our fitness routine has to be over. If you girls (and possibly guys?) are still up for it, I say we keep blogging about our progress and weight loss. I am hoping to lose another 10 pounds, and I think that I can do it by this summer. So, I'm going to give myself yet ANOTHER six weeks to lose that ten pounds. Assuming of course my knees will allow it. What do YOU think?

So, that's my blog for today. Apartment hunting is stressful, snow is irritating, not having dr pepper during 'this time' of the month is as hard as not having a cigarette is to some people, we've still done well on the take out cutting our usual habits in THIRD, but we've got a ways to go. So, what about you? How are your goals shaping up? Leave me some comment love. I need all the encouragement I can get.

Oh, and in case you're wondering (Quinn) I'm still trying to get back into school, but it's going to have to get pushed back once I start working. I know, my life is like a whirl wind. Hopefully, I can manage to get my testing done soon so that I can at least begin online classes by this summer or fall.

Peace, Love, and Puffy knees
Sarah V.

2 comments:

The Hay Family said...

Yeah...I want you to go to school if thats what YOU want, but I was really talking about congratulating you for a new apartment. I really hope you guys find one! I think it will be great for your little family to have your place! I can't believe we have all made it 6 weeks...with still no end in sight....right?? RIGHT??? Remember to take it easy and try to do work outs that are easy on your knees. I don't want you to give up! Make your luck change!

BrookeNotOnADiet said...

Apartment hunting is a bitch. My sis and I are looking to move to Waterloo in the summer/fall and we are having no luck.

I of course will continue to blog and will do so until I lose the rest of this stupid weight.

And good for you for giving up Dr. Pepper. There is NO WAY I would give up my Diet Dr. Pepper. Lol. But, I don't allow myself to have one until I've gotten all my water in for the day. It's a great reward. :o)

I hope that you can get back to working out, that must be so frustrating!! Just keep on keepin' on.

Post a Comment