Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Friday, February 5, 2010

FORTY!

Today marks my 40th blog post. I should do something special, but I won't. Mainly because, well 40 isn't a "do something special" kind of number. Maybe when we hit 50, 100, 200, etc. We'll see. *winks*

So today has been yet another uneventful day. I couldn't sleep last night because of my knee and back pain. I tossed and turned and finally fell asleep at 12:30 only to be woken up at 2 am by a screaming infant. She is cutting what appears to be several teeth at once, and she was an unhappy camper. I sat up with her for half an hour while fighting to keep my eyes open, and hating the fact that they kept tearing up from the pain of such. I changed her, and gave her some teething tabs. Luckily, she went back to sleep without a fight, but got up at 8 am. Ugh.

Our friends were planning on bringing their kids up tonight for a playdate, and so the two dads could have some bonding time. Unfortunately, at the last minute today their daughter got sick, and now they aren't coming. I'm really bummed out about it, and was so looking forward to getting in some grown up time, as well as letting Emma have a little play time with kids around her age. *Sigh*

I had woken up this morning with the motivation to get things done. When I got the news our friends weren't coming, all that motivation vanished without a trace. It's now 4 pm and I've accomplished taking out the trash, and checking the mail. But hey-at least the kiddo and I are both dressed. Anyways, in order to kill some time and accomplish SOMETHING I am making a dessert for after dinner tonight. Yay. It's a recipe I got from campbells online which is the same place I got the recipe for tonight's dinner. Oh, and you'll all be proud to know that I actually ATE breakfast today. I had 1 1/2 pieces of leftover breakfast pizza from the other night, and then as a snack I had a nutrigrain bar and some water. For lunch I begged Andrew to bring me home a pals sandwhich-but before I get in trouble-it's 98% fat free, I didnt have anything else, and it was a ham and cheese sandwhich with only 380 cals. So, I'm doing fairly well today. I've had 2 bottles of water which is fantastic even for me. I am going to try once again to get back into the habit of water, because lately it's been caffeine free root beers and sweet tea. My weight hasn't changed, and this morning I was up half a pound. Stupid...stupid...knees.

Last night Andrew and I went to the mall. We were only gone for an hour and I spent sixty bucks. I was so excited, because I got a new pair of jeans which I desperately needed. I'm still in 16's, but only because I wear them up so high. I can fit into 15s if I wore them at a regular low cut, hip hugging level. Trust me, no one wants to see that. Today i'm looking into shape wear. I've heard a LOT LOT LOT of good things about yummie tummie and I'm debating buying a shirt or two when we get a tax refund. I hate that things like that are so pricey, but I love the idea of shape wear. I had a waist cincher I bought before I ever had my daughter, and I wore it during my bloaty phases. I made the mistake of putting it on 2 months after having my daughter, and not only could I not breathe in it, but It also now has rips in the lace. *Insert sadface here*

Yummie tummie tanks are super cute and are made to be SEEN instead of hidden. They ARE clothes, instead of being something you wear under your clothes. Well they have those too. I am super excited and I hope I can try it out eventually...unfortunately it is $62 for a tank top, and $68 for a shirt. I know, I know...trust me I do know. I don't even pay that much for a pair of designer jeans. In fact, the jeans I bought yesterday were the most expensive jeans I've gotten in probably a DECADE. My jeans usually run $25-$35 at Maurices or Vanity (Which is my favorite Iowa store, that we don't have here.) I have been researching to see before and after pictures of actual readers and fellow blogspot users, and I'm surprised to say they really have amazing real life reviews. If you're interested in yummie tummie click here.

Also if you have any personal experience or stories to share about yummie tummie, or shape wear of any kind be sure to let me know. I still occassionally put on my waist cincher when it's time for a nice outfit on a dressy occassion. It gets the job done and makes my hips disappear, as well as my bulge. However, I still have a bit of pudge...it just looks more appealing. =)

Well friends, that's all I have today.......below is tonights dinner menu. ENJOY!
Peace love and peanut butter
Sarah V.

What's For Dinner?
Chocolate-Cinnamon Bread Pudding-Click here.
Country Turkey Casserole-Click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment