Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I suck..

Well, I won't lie to you guys. Today was my first full day in over SIX months with full working internet, and CABLE television. Instead of doing my workout, I opted to.....be completely lazy. I didn't get out of my pajamas until 1:30 this afternoon. I spent the afternoon lying on the couch and watching a LMN movie while Emma was asleep. After my husband got home from moving his friends into a new apartment, I had to make a grocery list which also took forever. I wound up finishing it and going to the grocery store until 5:30. After 2 hours at the store, I got home and was immediately greeted by my father-in-law. So, I just said screw it and made dinner.

For dinner I made a breakfast pizza. Yes, it sounds weird but it was amazingly delicious. It had 499 calories per serving (2 pieces) which isn't great, but it could have been worse. It was amazing, and very easy to make. You can find the recipe here. It didn't take long, and it was great. OH, and I found a new drink called Pear Marlot. It is made by bolthouse farms and contains 3 3/4 of your daily servings of fruit. If you've never given it a try, I'd HIGHLY suggest it. You can find the link to *that* here.

In other news, as I previously mentioned in my blog I haven't been able to work out. My knees have been doing very poorly, and are currently very swollen. I took some pictures but they honestly just don't do my legs justice. I wound up with a few pictures last week where they were actually purple in color, but they were taken on my cell phone. I used my rebel to take a few pictures tonight, and while you can see every stretch mark, varicose vein, and line in my legs-I'm going to post them for YOU! If you think this looks normal, please look at your own knees. If your knees look like mine, welcome to the 'effed up knees' club.



You will notice that there are extra lumps and bumps where there shouldn't be. Particularly off the side of my knee, you will see a lot of lumpy grossness. Everything you see in this photo that looks out of place and lumpy, is fluid on my knees. It causes my legs to buckle, pop, and hurt extensively. I can't believe how pale my legs are, but thats beside the point. The point is, with knees like these, working out is not only painful, but damn near impossible. I'm still trying to stay on target with food though. Wish me luck, because this is going to take a HELL of a lot longer than 6 weeks.

Peace, Love, and Excedrin Back & Body
Sarah V.

3 comments:

The Hay Family said...

i think we need a refresher course...I have been pretty unmotivated too. bleh.

BrookeNotOnADiet said...

I'm sorry about your knees dear! That must suck. :o( Don't push yourself too hard, you don't want to end up causing more damage!

I read your comment, you have every right to bitch about losing 15lbs. Haha. Trust me, I do a lot of bitching. :o)

That'd be awesome if we could get together in April. It had been a long ass while since The Bright Eyes concert!

Keep on trucking! And I'm glad to see you're able to post again. I check everyday for new posts from you and Quinn. I love reading your blogs!

Anonymous said...

It's alright. You have to give yourself all the time you need. I know it's going to take me 2010 to lose most of the weight I've got to lose. :) But you know, it's important. :)

As far as your knees, take care of them. Like you said, you may not be able to work out (and I wouldn't right now) but you can count your calories, and sometimes that alone can have a profound effect.

Post a Comment