Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Okay, Ouch.

So, today was a mixture of a good and bad day. The good was that I once again got out of the house...TWICE. We spent 4 hours walkin around the mall (which I count as a bit of exercise at least.) I left there with NOTHING for myself so I was proud of that. We got a new bedset which we needed desperately! I got Emma 2 new springtime outfits, and my husband once again spent oodles of money on new knick knacks and gadgets.

While we were at the mall, we tried a new italian place. I didn't know that it came with SO much food. I had a garlic bread stick, and a chicken ranch stromboni. I'm not sure how many calories it was, but I'm SURE it was a lot. For breakfast I had ONE pancake with light syrup, and a three inch piece of fried ham with a glass of milk. Then lunch was the horrible for me, but ever so tasty mall food. We pretty much skipped dinner because our italian food was around 3 pm and I still wasnt hungry. I did however, end up having a small bacon cheeseburger for dinner. (Which wasnt too healthy either.) It's been a kind of bad food day. Oh, and I had a cappuccino flavored breezer. I drank half of it, and it was like a daily dose of caffeine kicking me in the face. Not good, not good at all.

However--Today I also got my new cookbook. I'm super excited that I have 300 new recipes at my finger tips without needing the laptop to search at the kitchen counter! I can't wait to try it out. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to learn to cook, or learn to cook better. It has the simplest recipes from how to boil and egg, and make grilled cheese sandwhiches...to how to make complicated dishes, quiche, entrees, you name it. The book was $15 on amazon.com and it's called the "I don't know how to cook" book. So--I'll keep everyone posted on what I make, when I make it. I will have to google some calorie counts, but if the meal has a lot it has some funny remark in the side like "This meal is a delicious comfort food perfect to eat after you've lost the love of your life, your job, or your cat. However it will take a year to work it off." Yes, that's actually in the book! =) Check it out. I bet you can even get it used for less.

Finally, in other SUPERAWESOMEEXCITINGNEWS....I got my friggin elliptical. Well, to be honest, I didn't get the one I originally wanted, but I spent the extra $120 and went a step up. I got a crosstraining elliptical with 8 weight loss workouts, and 4 personal trainer workouts. You can see it *here.* I have to wait until tomorrow to set it up, since I obviously didn't get it until 8 at night. I just put Emma to bed, I am now home and blogging, and the husband works at 6 a.m. so it probably won't be a long night. I'm just so pumped that now I can work out anytime, with NO EXCUSES. I plan on tryin to start 30 minutes a day for 3-5 days a week with the lowest resistance. After a few days I'm going to try the recommendations of the personal trainer after I get used to working out again, and try to get my knees a little TLC (aka: pain killers and a brace.)

So--wish me luck on those endevors. How, may I ask, was YOUR day? Oh--for anyone out there with any ideas, I'm going to try and once again create meal plans a week in advance. If anyone has any ideas/suggestions/etc. Please be sure to let me know.

Peace, Love, and Bedspreads
Sarah V.

1 comments:

The Hay Family said...

Tell me how the elliptical is, I want to get something like that next winter. I made a meal plan, too...for every meal, for the next 4 days. It was hard! I am glad you can work out again, hopefully your knee likes your elliptical. That is a fun word to type...elliptical elliptical elliptical

Post a Comment