Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday, Cranberry Sunday!

Mmm Cranberries. Oh, sorry. I just got done making the most awesome, and awkward dinner you've ever imagined. First off, let me just ask. How do you think whole cranberries would taste mixed with onion dip? I bet you said terrible, but its DELICIOUS. It's like a sweet barbecue sauce, or a poor mans sweet and sour. It was so, SO good.

That, is today's "reason I'm awesome." I dared to try something new. I didn't think it SOUNDED good. Hell, no one in the family did. Every last person admitted that they were afraid to try it. But, it was a hit! Hooray. The recipe calls for a whole chicken, but I just used cut up strips of chicken breast. I mixed the cranberry sauce (whole berry-8oz) and the package of onion dip mix ( 1 1/4 oz) together, blended until smooth, and then spooned over the chicken mixture in a greased pan. I cooked it for 45 minutes, threw some mashed potatos and peas on the side. Ta-da. I had a super easy, super CHEAP, delicious meal that everyone liked. I mean, what mom wants to worry about keeping their toddler away from the kitchen for 2 hours while cooking a whole bird? Although, it might be nice for a special occasion....Hmm, that's food for thought. Moving On!

I feel really crappy today. I keep feeling like I've got PMS and I have for weeks now. I was hoping (and still am) that I start tonight so I don't have to go to the doctor. I hate doctors. They are icky and mean. Okay, that's an exaggeration. I actually take Emma to the doctor a lot with the issues she's had in the past (RSV, GERD, Etc.) but when it comes to myself........thats a whole different story. I went once last year because my lungs hurt. Yes, it was scary. It hurt to breathe, and it felt like a cinder block was sitting on my chest. It turns out I had some old scar tissue that wasn't quite cleared up, from a disease I never knew I had. I forget the name of it, but it's basically when a bird is carrying a disease, and you inhale air that has been contaminated by the disease in their feces. Hundreds of thousands of people get this every year and pass it off as a common cold, but apparently my lungs had a few tell tale spots from this. I had to wait for the results, and I didn't like worrying until I got them. Ugh. Doctors...

Well, that about sums up my lazy Sunday. I haven't accomplished much. Sundays are my usual 'days off.' Andrew works on Saturday nights, so he sleeps til 2 or 3 pm on Sundays. This means that Emma and I are confined to the living room by ourselves, until he wakes up. I took a 2 hour nap today, and Emma actually took TWO naps today. WOOHOO!! I'm so stoked. Plus, the fact that it was 64 degrees out today didn't hurt.

Peace, Love, and Awkward Foods.
Sarah V.

1 comments:

Nathalie said...

Yay for trying something new! I love doing that, I've been trying to do that every night I cook, and I've found lots of great new recipes that way. :)

Post a Comment