Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Snowstorm

I know this has nothing to do with weight loss, but I'm just really excited so I'm going to post the poem that was chosen for Poem Of The Day on pathetic.org. For anyone who is not familiar with pathetic.org, it is a very popular poetry posting website. There are currently thousands and thousands of members, which is why it was so awesome to get picked for poem of the day. They only choose 365 a year and I was one of them. I just had to toot my own horn there for a moment, *Toot toot.*

And now my poem: Snowstorm
written by Sarah VanOrd 12/2008

Noises echo in my mind
A Melody, I can not find
Trees are swaying in the breeze
Inspiration, eludes me
Clouds of Grey are passing by
Within the sweetest sorrows, of the evening sky
The Winds are gusting, blowing leaves
Lonesome swings, deceiving me
The sun is shining, though not warm
I predict a long snow storm

1 comments:

The Hay Family said...

Sarah! I love this poem! You are very talented. I especially love the line about the swings.

Post a Comment