Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Friday, March 26, 2010

The Best and Worst...

Well, since this was my first week ever on weight watchers I decided to give you all a little taste of how things went. I am going to post my BEST and WORST days this week for points. Maybe you'll get an idea of how I eat, what I eat, and why I need to change how and what I eat.

The worst day was day 1. My father in law took us to Cracker Barrel. We TRIED to eat sensibly, and failed miserably. Let's recap.

WORST DAY
I start each day with 30 points. So, follow along.
Breakfast:
Smoothie=1pt
Banana=1pt

Lunch:
6 inch sub w/lettuce, light mayo, black olives=9 pts

Cracker barrel: mid-afternoon (my father in law insisted on taking us out to eat to celebrate our joining w.w. even though we had each already had a sub 3 hours prior. This "lunch" took place at around 3 pm)
fish 3 oz=3 pts
green beans=1pt
hasbrown casserole=4 pts
mashed potatos w/gravy=6pts
1 Corn bread muffin=4 pts
Butter=1pt
Hot fudge sundae/1 cup=4pts

This is 30pts gone by 3 pm.
I am now at -4 pts


6 pm=Orange Juice=1 pt
8 pm=F.I.L bring home chocolate easter egg=2pts

So this was my 'worst' day on the weight watchers plan. I went -7 points over.
(we get 35 weekly points, but for the amount of food I ate this day, and how early I had used up all my points, it was a big fail.)


This is my BEST day on the weight watchers plan:

Breakfast:
Orange juice=2pts
Bagel w/cream cheese=4pts
yogurt=1pt

Lunch:
Smartone pizza anytizers=5pts
1c. milk=3pts

Supper:
Chicken tender=4pts
Peas=1pt
Potatos=2pt

Before bed snack:
Bagel w/cream cheese=4 pts
2 Tag along cookies=4pts

This gave me exactly 30 points. I did not go over, yay! I got 3 out of 5 servings of veggies, all of my liquid/water, 1 out of three milks, my whole grains, and my gummy multi vitamin all in on that day.


I have also used eight of my activity points and I have 16 weekly "bonus" points remaining until tomorrow. However, I don't want to binge tonight and undo a whole week of work by eating those "bonus" points. I may in fact, use a few tonight on a root beer (long story) and the rest will be lost forever in a dark abyss.


So lets hope for a weight loss tomorrow. I will be happy with ANY weight loss at all. One pound? One half pound? Two pounds? My belt has been a whole notch tighter these past 2 days, as has my husbands. He is wishing for a 5 lb loss, but I'm thinking he may be at 2. Wish us luck.

Peace, Love, and Bagels
Sarah V.

1 comments:

The Hay Family said...

I am glad you are doing so well. It takes some adjusting to make a big change like that and you are doing PHENOMENAL! Can't wait to hear your results. TEXT ME because I will be stuck in class!

Post a Comment