Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Fail Of Epic Proportions..

Do you remember my last blog? The one about the downfalls of vacationing? Well, after I wrote that things only went from bad to worse. Let's recap, shall we?

This is the food I ate while on vacation. It's pretty hard to turn down restaurant/fast food when there are 6 people pressuring you to eat it. This is what I ate on my vacation.

Tuesday:

Bacon, Egg, and Cheese McGriddle=420 calories
drink: sprite=210 calories

Dominos pizza: pan crust, white sauce, chicken, and bacon=around 300 cal per slice @ 3 slices=900 calories!!!!!!!!!!
drink: 12 oz sprite=140 calories

Quesadilla Rellena: A flour tortilla with Chicken or Steak Fajita with onions, bell peppers, tomatoes with rice on the side=700 calories (OUCH!) [[and this was the "HEALTHY" portion of the menu!]]
drink: sprite w/no ice=210 calories

Snack: honey nut cheerio snack mix=130 cal

Tuesdays total calorie intake: 2710. Which is 1,000 OVER my daily calorie limit.
Exercise: 1 hour walking at a very slow pace while shopping=225 calories burned

Total after exercise: 2485 calories consumed


WEDNESDAY:

no breakfast
Golden corral buffet for lunch.
(mixed fruit, carrots, 1 piece lasagna, mashed potatos. (uncalculatable, but relatively decent))

Cheddars for supper:
8 oz sirloin steak=400 calories
mashed potatos=180 calories
broccoli cheese casserole=110 calories
mudslide=480 calories (shame on me.)

Total calories: 1170 + buffet (guessing 700 calories?)


TOTAL CALORIES GUESSED: 1870 (?)


THURSDAY:

No breakfast

Lunch @ Christys bakery=ham and cheese on egg battered bread (320 cal) w/ a side of fresh fruit (97 cal)
drink: chocolate milk=220 cal

Snack: 1/2 bag single serve doritos (70) and a root beer(200)=270

Supper: Strawberry frosted mini wheats w/2 serv milk =300 cal

TOTAL: 1277 give or take 100.



So.........thats my week. It looks like ill be working out a lot this week to try to work off everything I ate. Luckily, next time we are bringing our OWN Food and cooking. It's just hard when you're staying with a friend, and the easiest solution is eating out. Oh, btw this food wasn't free. This took a HUGE chunk out of our bank accounts. I hope that I can be a prime example of how NOT to vacation. But, i'm going to take the weekend to recover...and Monday its back to the old routine. We all fall off the horse sometimes, so now its time to dust myself off and try again. Wish me luck.

Peace, Love, and Guilt :(
Sarah V.

4 comments:

The Hay Family said...

Good luck...I had a bad week, too. I will blog about it later! Hope to chat with you soon!

Christy said...

It happens. You have to live your life, and enjoy it. You deserve it! The best thing is to just get right back to it. Best of luck!

Nathalie said...

Don't feel guilty. Just learn from it and try to put in a plan of what you would do differently next time. :)

Sarah V. said...

Next time we're goin to do several things different. We're going to get a hotel room so we don't feel guilty about cooking at our friends place, so the baby sleeps better, and so we don't feel so pressured to go out to eat/drink/etc. I didn't do HORRIBLY calorie wise except that first day. I curse the name of delicious dominoes pizza. But today is Friday, we're back home and getting back on track. Thanks for the encouraging words!!

Post a Comment