Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Motherhood And More...

I didn't get to do my Jillian work out today. Sad face. I was up all night with the baby last night. I couldn't figure out why, but even sleeping on my chest she woke up screaming every hour. I was exhausted, and she was clearly in pain. When I woke up with her this morning at 6, I saw a new tooth staring back at me. Her bottom right molar had poked through during the night. We wound up eating a great breakfast, and staying on track all day. Well, until supper. We made beef steaks, which put me 7 pts over for the day. Oh well, I used my extra weekly allowance, and didn't look back.

Around noon today, I put on my work out clothes. I rolled out my yoga mat, plugged in my wii, turned on your shape, and did 15 minutes of yoga. When I was finished, I reached for my hand weights and Jillian dvd. I was fully prepared, stretched, and ready to go. And then......the baby screamed.

Now, I know I said I would do Jillian on T-TH but sometimes things happen, and you just can't meet your goals. I had every intention of working out, and I really wanted to. I felt a ton better after yoga, but honestly...my child is the most important thing to me. When she's unhappy, as am I. When she hurts, my heart breaks. So, I turned off the tv, went to her room and cuddled with her. I ended up giving her lunch and spending the rest of the day playing with her and cleaning her room. At least I got in 15 minutes of yoga, and another 3 hours of moderate cleaning. It's better than nothing, and I plan on trying to get up earlier for Jillian next time.

Weight watchers update:
Today I stayed on track perfectly. I had extra points to spare until dinner rolled around. I opened the freezer and all I could find were chicken breasts and beef steaks. Last night we had chicken, so tonight..I opted for beef. I stabbed the beef steaks with a fork, rubbed both sides with mrs. dash seasoning, and poured a can of cream of mushroom over top. I covered it w/aluminum foil and baked at 350 for an hour. It turned out DELICIOUS. I also had broccoli and cheese pasta noodles. Bad idea. The pasta was 6 pts for 2/3 cup. There was no real nutritional value to it, so next time I will do minute rice and use the gravy from the beef as a topping. Anyways, the entire meal with milk included was 16 points. Ouch. I only had 12 left. So, I went over by 4...and then I had a fudge bar. Sometimes you just have to indulge a little! I still luckily have 20 weekly allowance points, so hooray!

In not so exciting news, I slipped up today and weighed myself. I was dying not knowing if my weight had changed. I realize that sounds silly because it's only been 4 days on the program, but I had to know. So today, I am putting my scale up, away, and out of sight. It is going to be stuffed in a drawer, the closet, or some other random place that I can't easily access on a whim. Let's just chalk it up to a bad day, and move on. Plus, Thursday is grocery day and I'm looking forward to getting what we can for the rest of the month that will be filling and make for better dinners. Wish me luck.

Peace, Love, and Fudge bars...
Sarah V.

P.s I blame Quinn for my ice cream craving!!!

1 comments:

The Hay Family said...

AH! Ok...I take the blame...but really, Sarah! FREE Ben and Jerry's!
It's ok that you didn't get to Jillian, just try again on Thursday. I actually missed Jillian today (am I insane?) but I don't want to push myself, so it was an easy yoga day. Maybe tomorrow I will actually get up early and run. I am also really sad that you don't get online anymore. And even more sad that no one commented my blog today.

Post a Comment