Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

FIT NOT FAT!!

Why I Want To Get Fit

  1. I want to set a good example for my daughter.
  2. I want to be able to buy jeans that sit comfortably at the waist, where they belong.
  3. I want my shirts to fit my body, not hide my body.
  4. I want to feel comfortable taking my daughter swimming.
  5. I don't want to be "the fat friend" anymore.
  6. I want to be proud of myself for losing the weight the healthy way.
  7. I want my family to be proud of me for losing the weight the healthy way.
  8. I want to have enough energy to get outside and get moving.
  9. I want to workout without: feeling my stomach bounce during jumping jacks, losing my breath in the first 3 minutes of cardio, or feeling my stomach hit the ground during push ups.
  10. I want to be happy with who I am as a person both inside AND out.

How I Managed To Get Fat 


  1. I lived my life for someone else.
  2. Depression/Isolation.
  3. Mindless eating.
  4. Not working out. (At all!)
  5. Eating horrible for me foods.
  6. GIANT portions.
  7. Eating out twice a day, every day.
  8. DR. PEPPER. (I hate to admit this one.)
  9. Getting pregnant! (Pre-eclampsya & 35 pounds of swelling.)
  10. Sitting online ALL. DAY. LONG. while I was home alone and the baby was asleep, because everyone else was at work, and I was using the "I just had a baby" excuse.


So there you have it. These are the top ten reasons and ways that I want to get fit, and the top ten reasons and ways I managed to get FAT

It's hard for a person to take a long hard look at themselves and admit that they were doing something wrong. I hear from so many people that being fat is in their genetics, that being fat is part of their lifestyle, that working out is too hard, that weight watchers is too expensive, and the list goes on and on. I'm going to rationalize with you the same way I did with myself. Are you ready?

  • If its in your genetics to be fat, you can still be thin-if you work twice as hard.
  • No healthy lifestyle is lead by an obese person. Obesity leads to a lot of undesirable side effects. (& just so you know, loss of libido is one of them!)
  • Working out IS hard. It's not called vegging out, or easing out. No, its called WORKING out for a reason. You can't expect everyone to do the work for you. It's not as hard as you think. Go for a one mile walk three times a week to start. Do fifteen minutes of simple, feel good yoga. Get a fun wii game that you can play, enjoy, and still workout with. There are a lot of easy little steps to get you started!
  • Yes, weight watchers is expensive. I know that not everyone wants to do weight watchers, so if this doesn't apply, simply skip ahead. However, if you've ever found yourself saying, "Oh my god, I would love to try weight watchers, but it's SO expensive." Listen to me... If you can afford to spend $40 a month on diet pills, you can afford weight watchers. If you can afford to go out to eat just ONCE a week, you can afford weight watchers. If you can afford to spend $10 a week on knick knacks, what nots, and whose a whats is-YOU can afford weight watchers!
As for me, It's not in my genetics to be fat. I don't enjoy a fat lifestyle. I LOATHE working out with all of my being. I spent six months convincing myself that the benefits of weight watchers outweighed the cost. And then-I blogged with the best of 'em for support and motivation, because I finally realized that I couldn't do this alone. 

I'm not going to lie, there have been times that I've wanted to take the easy way out. I used Alli a few years ago and it worked wonders, so a few weeks ago after complaining to my husband, he brought me home a starter pack. We spent $60 on it, and I am proud to say, I haven't taken any pills!

I honestly had every intention of adding a diet pill into my daily routine. I was hoping for a jump start, a little extra help if you will. I wanted those pills to be my leg up. Luckily, I realized that all those pills were going to do to me would be to hinder, not help in my weight loss journey. Even if I did lose weight, I wouldn't keep it off. Even if I tracked my food, only ate the recommended 19g of fat per meal, and had 3 pills a day, I wouldn't keep the weight off. No one should live like that. No one should have to worry daily about the side effects of diet pills. No one should have to remember to shovel tons of manufactured weight loss ingredients into their system. No, diet pills are evil people. Just remember, working out and eating smaller portions do a better job than popping that pill three times a day. So if you're taking diet pills now, STOP CHEATING YOURSELF! Put the pills away, dump them down the sink, give them to your annoying friend and let her deal with them, just stop cheating yourself. We can all do this together, if you're ready for the long haul?

...Well, are you?

Peace, Love, and Fiber One
Sarah V.

2 comments:

The Hay Family said...

I am glad you chose Weight Watchers over Alli. I have always been against diet pills and diet miracles. You use that stuff, the weight comes back. If you work hard you will see long-term results which equals long-term success and a better lifestyle! Keep up the good work, Sarah. i think it is important to recognize your faults before you make changes.

Nathalie said...

I'm so glad that you decided not to take diet pills. My dad made me take them back before they banned ephedrine (of course his were called energy pills). We're all a little smarter now, and he doesn't even take them anymore, I don't think, but you're right, diet pills are evil. And it feels better to work out and eat right anyway.

Post a Comment