Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Exhaustion...

I woke up at eight am this morning. I don't know why, but I was completely and utterly exhausted. Okay, that's not entirely true. I know why. I have a horrible habit of staying up late to watch movies on Saturday nights. You see, my husband works overnights on Saturdays. So, that's the one night I get to stay up late, watch chick flicks, and enjoy my alone time. He absolutely REFUSES to watch movies with me, so that's why I watch them while he's not home! Well, last night I ended up wathing movies until two am. Whoops. The worst part is that it was a movie I'd seen numerous times, and it wasn't even interesting. I just picked a movie I figured I'd fall asleep to without caring. (Damn you Freddie Prinze Jr. for keeping my attention!)

So, after going to bed at two, I wake up to a crying baby at three. I let her cry herself back to sleep for a bit, because I've learned from experience if I don't, then it just gets twice as hard to lay her back down. So, I was up again until 3:30 making sure she went back to bed. By the time eight a.m. rolled around, I was exhausted. I ended up laying down on the couch and sleeping until 8:45 while Emma played. I finally got up around 9 to feed myself and Emma. She is really fussy today from waking up so much last night, and I may nap while she naps.

The point of all this, is that I'm paying the price today. I had been feeling great lately. Going to bed around eleven, and getting up at eight wasn't bothering me. I actually had energy to burn! I have eaten my food regularly, but I forgot to finish my last 4pts last night. Then staying up all night really effed up my bodies usual routine. I have taken my vitamin, and I've eaten breakfast trying to get my body to wake up. It hasn't, and now I have one of those headaches you get when you are up all night tossing and turning. I am grumpy, cranky, crabby, whatever you want to call it. I'm just pissy today.

I'm tired of this rainy weather, I want to get outside. I want my damn car fixed so I can drive my daughter to the park and walk the track. I want to find a job, and get back into school. I want to have a life again outside of this house. I can't even workout because my husband will sleep until 5 today, my father in law is hiding in HIS room, and my daughter is running around like a chicken with her head cut off. Today is one of those days I really want to say to hell with it, and quit. I want to sit on the couch, grab a Dr. Pepper, a bag of potato chips, veg out and stare at the t.v. Luckily, I won't do that. I forced myself to get up, get my tracker, measure my food, and enjoy it. I'm glad I did that, because I could have easily fallen off the band wagon, but I didn't. So, instead...I'm going to sit on the couch in my hot pink robe, watch tv, and veg without the food. Is that possible? I don't know, but I'm doing it.

Peace, Love, and Pink Robes
Sarah V.

1 comments:

The Hay Family said...

Good job on staying on track. It can be hard on the weekends!I am about to go watch a movie and eat some popcorn...but hey, at least it's not oreos, potato chips and Dr. pepper (you know what that means, right) Hope to chat with you later....oh, and next time you can't sleep text me...I was up until 2 on the computer cause I couldn't sleep either!

Post a Comment