Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Monday, March 8, 2010

Sick Ladies...

Hello again my favorite blogateers! How are you all on this fine Monday? It is beautiful outside. The sun is shining, the grass is green, and it's sixty degrees out. Oh, and.....all the girls in the house are sick. *coughs* Happy Monday...

Yesterday I got zero sleep. I was going to take nyquill, watch movies, and pass out. Well, I didn't take Nyquill, I did watch movies until I passed out...but was then awoken at 2 am by the blood curdling screams of a toddler. My husband was supposed to get up with her since I wasn't feeling well, but he didn't even flinch at her terrifying screams. I grabbed my pillow and blanket, and headed to the couch. We both slept there until she woke me up with those same terrifying screams at 7:45 a.m.

I waited until ten after 8, and I called the doctor. They opened at 8, but no one answered. It went straight to machine twice. I kept hitting the redial button until someone answered. Emma was in the background screaming like you've never heard. The receptionist asked me "What does she need to be seen for?" Just then, she hears Emmas screams and says "Can you have her here at 11:15?" So...we had to entertain a hurt, screaming toddler for 3 hours. It was ROUGH, to say the least.

We got her to the doctor at 11, and we didn't leave until 12:30. They ran strep tests, AND flu tests on her. She had a rash on her stomach all the way down her legs and on her booty. I felt so bad. Luckily we got her in quickly. The strep test was negative, but her tonsils were swollen, and her throat red. They said it was probably too early for the strep test to pick it up, so it was officially deemed that she had tonsillitis. She wound up having a fever of 100.3 when we took her in, and 101 this morning. It has been that way all weekend. We opted to give her a steroid shot, because her throat was so swollen. The doctors said she had an opening about the size of a dime or so to get her food down, which is why she hadn't been eating and had randomly been gagging on her food. It's scary to hear that your childs throat is swelling shut. Daddy and I both ended up having to hold her down while she got her steroid shot. She had of course been screaming through the entire visit, which is an absolute first for her. We got home a while ago, and she finally laid down for some much needed sleep. I hope she gets to feeling better soon, but I'm not looking forward to a week of medicine and alternating Tylenol and Motrin.

What all of this has to do with weight loss is this....I'm sick. My daughters sick. I haven't slept. I haven't worked out. I've done nothing but parent, and I'm exhausted. Today was supposed to be the start of my new diet, but I don't want to start out while Im sick. I want to start my diet on a healthy note! I want to feel 100% before I start working out vigerously, and getting into it again. Currently, my throat is on fire, I have a cough, and a lot of other nasty things going on in my chest that I don't care to blog about. Emma is contagious, but I don't have tonsils. I'm sure I have something very similar, but since daddy and grandpa both DO have tonsils she is contagious until 24 hours after she starts her meds. That means I'm on sick duty for Emma, while being sick myself. YAY? And the worst part is, when we left the dr's office daddy wanted to get some fast food. I opted for a ham and cheese sandwhich (360 calories) but then i caved and had a small fry. (380 cal) I am still doin fairly well with my eating habits calorie wise, but I need to eat healthier.

Sorry if this blog was hard to follow, it's been one of those days..........(and i Haven't slept much in 48 hours.) I guess you could say it's definitely a Monday.

Peace, Love, and Prescription Meds
Sarah V.

My sick baby resting on the couch.
(taken with grandpa's kodak)

Isn't this just the saddest face you've seen today? 
She looks so miserable...
=(

3 comments:

The Hay Family said...

Awww....poor baby! I just want to give her a BIG hug! Take it easy Sarah, and don't worry about working out until you feel better. I got sick and I didn't work out for over a week!

Nathalie said...

Yeah, we're sick over here too, although Isabel has never been that sick (thank God). But I'm doing the same thing. While I'd like to eat with a certain calorie range in mind, and I'm still sticking to my rules, I am eating as much as I want. When you're sick you burn more calories trying to fight things off, and so you actually need more food, although I'm sure not nearly as much as I tend to consume. But you know what. . .I at least have more energy when I eat more. I don't know what I'm saying, lol. I'm tired. Hope ya'll feel better.

ivoryfrog said...

oh i hate it when my daughters are sick. :((
I hope the meds work quickly and she feels better really soon!

Post a Comment