Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Friday, March 19, 2010

Just For Quinn

I am writing this blog because Quinn has guilted me into it. So here you go Quinn, a blog post for you.

Last night I got the first full night of sleep I've had in weeks. I took a unisom, and slept in bed with my husband. we hadn't been sleeping together for the past week, so I think him being by my side is the other reason I slept so well. Hooray for sleep.

In other news, I implemented a new bedtime for myself and Andrew last night. We decided that every night we are going to bed between 11:30-12 o'clock. Yes, for us that's early. Usually we are up til 1-2, and then get up at 7 or 8 with the baby. Obviously, that's killing us both. We kept Emma up til 9 last night so she would go to bed, and then we went to sleep at midnight. I got nine amazingly wonderful hours of sleep. I feel like a new woman. So well rested. I even drug myself out of bed with the rest of the family instead of sleeping in like I usually do on Andrews days off. I even got up and IMMEDIATELY made the bed. (Which I never do, my bed is always a mess.) After I got up, made the bed, and went pee-I weighed myself.

I'm proud to say that I'm STILL under 200 lbs. This is the longest I've gone without yo-yoing back to 200 and down over and over again. I've been under 200 for just over a week now. I've been STEADILY weighing in at 198. If you recall when we began our challenge I was 207. I was 209 on Christmas when I began my wii workouts. That means I've lost just over ten pounds. I know it doesn't sound like much, but it's actually quite an achievement for me.

This Monday I will be starting my Jillian DVD. I think now that we all are doing it, we should post results monthly with pictures. It's just a thought though. Quinn doesn't even look like she's had a baby anymore! She's had amazing results with Jillian, and I hope I do too. I'm going to get my yoga mat and weights this weekend. I'm really nervous about starting Jillian. I hope that I can handle it, and that it doesn't hurt my knees. Im excited about getting back into a work out. The week that I was sick, I felt so emotionally and physically drained. I was worried I'd never get my strength back. I finally have regained my strength, and I'm looking forward to my routine. The plan as it sits is that I will be rotating between walks/yoga/wii/elliptical/jillian for my workouts. I can only do 5 days a week because I'm not able to work out on weekends with my current living arrangements. I MIGHT be able to do elliptical on weekends, but they recommend you give yourself a break once a week anyways. Maybe Sunday will be my break day.

So since everyone else keeps posting goals, I thought I'd list mine here as well...are you ready? Sure you are, read away!
  • Short term weight loss goal: 185 lbs (that is a 13 lb loss)
  • Long term weight loss goal: 165/170lbs 

  • Short term food goal: 3 meals a day, 3 snacks a day. Goal calories: 1800 starting
  • Long term food goal: learning to cook healthier meals that the entire family will eat.

  • Short term workout goal: 3-5 days a week alternating workouts.
  • Long term workout goal: 5-7 days a week alternating workouts.

  • Short term personal goal: LESS time on the computer/cell phone
  • Long term personal goal: MORE time outdoors playing with my daughter/walking.

So there you have it. This is a random blog post, brought to you by the letter S.
Peace, Love, and Flip Flops
Sarah V.

P.s. Today's high is 68 degrees, and I'm trying to talk the hubby into taking the baby to the park. Wish me luck because he feels like crap, and I doubt he'll agree to it.

2 comments:

The Hay Family said...

I think your goals sound realistic! Keep me updated with your results. Good luck on getting the hubby to walk. I have that struggle, too. But as soon as it gets warmer out I am going to talk Tyler into taking an after dinner walk with his girls. We will see how that works out. Usually I can talk him into about a ten minute walk TOPS. and RARELY will he walk down the hill!

Nathalie said...

I take my break days on sundays too. :) And I guess to you I'm like an old person then. We never head to bed later than 10pm, and I never go to sleep later than 10:30-11pm (we like to read). Lol! But seriously, make sure you get at least 8 hours sleep, otherwise you won't feel up to exercising. :)

Post a Comment