Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Monday, March 22, 2010

Pain

Pain is weakness, leaving the body...


Yesterday I did my very first Jillian Michaels workout. My husband was at Nascar all day with his father, so I figured what better day to test out my new dvd? No one was around to watch me, no one was around to make fun of me, or to make me nervous. I put Emma in her high chair with some dried apple pieces and some meat sticks for lunch. (She's odd like that.)

After I got Emma locked and loaded, I went into the living room. I broke out the new yoga mat, the 4 lb hand weights, and the 30 day shred dvd. I grabbed a bottle of water, took the lid off, and set it directly in front of me on the tv stand. I knew you couldn't take a break on Jillian, so I kept my water super close to me. That way I could take a drink while I was doing my warm ups and stretches at the very least. I hadn't worked out at all in the past 8 weeks, and I sure as hell hadn't worked any of those muscles in years.

When I started the dvd and began doing the workout I thought, this doesn't seem so hard. Two minutes later, I was cursing Jillians name and begging her for mercy. Obviously she didn't give it to me. She told me that my ass needed to work HARDER. "HARDER JILLIAN? You want me to work harder? Whats wrong with you!" She then mocks me by telling me that 400 lb people can do these workouts, so I should be able to as well. [Touche Jillian, touche.]


It took every ounce of strength in my body, but I completed that 20 minute workout. I loved the ab workouts, the side lunges, and the stretches. On the other hand, I suck suck suck at strength. I can't do push ups for the life of me, AND cardio makes my chest burn like I've swallowed a flaming sword. I got light headed a few times, but that's probably to be expected after not working out for seven hundred years. (Yes, thats an accurate number.) Even after all that whining, bitching, and complaining-I finished. Let me tell you something, I'm so glad I did. I was covered in sweat, literally dripping from head to toe. It was awesome! I haven't had a workout like that in a veryyyyyyy long time.

So today, my body is very sore. I woke up and felt muscles that I didn't even know I had. Whats this? There are abs under my post-baby flab? My god, I never knew! I assumed they disintegrated somewhere under all that fleshy goodness. It's good to know that they're still there. Oh, and what's this? I have muscles in my thighs? Who knew?!? I found out just how sore my thighs were when I picked up my 25 pound daughter and squatted down to pick up her blankie. Oh lordy, I felt the burn. So, all in all my workout was awesome.

And in weight watchers news:
Yesterday I had the hardest time making all my points. Everyone keeps telling me that it's critical to eat all of your points every day. I didn't have trouble the first day because we went out to eat. I actually went over on day one, but it was our first day so we were still learning. Yesterday, I ended up having a banana, a vanilla latte drink, and a cereal bar as a late night snack just to meet all of my points. I'm hoping for an easier day today. I wound up eating 2 bagels yesterday, some yogurt, bananas, a smartones meal worth 5 pts (and it sucked) and a few other little things. I really need to get to the store to get some fresh fruits and veggies soon. I can't wait to get groceries next month. I also want to get a W.w. cookbook soon, but we'll see how that goes. Plus my Jillian workout counted for 3 activity points.

I'm trying to talk Andrew into going for our walk today, but go figure it's the one day of the week that its raining. It's also fifty degrees which he believes is too cold to have Emma out, so we'll see if he wants to walk this afternoon. If not I'll be doing my elliptical later. I have decided to do Jillian T&TH this week since I started it on Sunday. I will do my other little workouts throughout the week as previously mentioned.

Alright, I have to go now because as you probably noticed this blog is totally rambling. My husband is up and talking to me, the baby is running around my feet crying for breakfast, Dora the explorer is annoying me on the television, and while this blog post started off great with meaning, I'm just starting to suck at multi tasking!

Peace, Love, and Yoga mats
Sarah V.

2 comments:

The Hay Family said...

Yay! I am glad you liked the workout (kind of) Jillian is one tough cookie, huh? I swear she knows exactly when you want to quit and says something to keep you going! You are doing great Sarah! keep it up!

Nathalie said...

Awesome! I'll be doing that jillian workout today, so I'll be expecting some soreness tomorrow. :)

Post a Comment