Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Saturday, March 27, 2010

My First Week On Plan....

**I'm So Excited!!**


Today was my first official weigh in on plan. Well, minus the initial "this is how much you weigh" meeting. I mean, Today was my first weigh in since starting the actual plan. I was amazed at how well I did. I lost 3.5 pounds in 7 days. Considering that I went over my points three times this week, I was pretty shocked. I honestly didn't think I'd lost anything!! My pants are FALLING OFF. If I can keep up a 1-2 lb loss weekly, I might be in my pre-baby jeans again by the summer. Plus, I did 8 points worth of working out this week too. I'm sure that helped! I even lost an inch in my 40DDD's. Lol! My bra is loose and rubbing me weirdly now
but hey, maybe i'll get back down into the double d's again. Woohoo!

We spent the majority of the week estimating how much our meat was. We didn't have a scale to weigh our food, so we just eyeballed it. We must have been doing better than we realized to have done such a good job. We did go ahead and buy a $15 food scale today. Andrew wanted to get the electric scale, but honestly, we can't afford $50 on a food scale at the moment. It's hard enough spending $85 a month for W.W. alone. So far though, it's worth it. Today we are going out for a celebratory lunch at Applebees. They have a w.w. menu for anyone who wasn't aware of that. Hooray celebration!

Oh and for anybody who may be keeping track, I'm back UNDER 200 again. Thank god. At today's weigh in I was 198.5. I came home and got on MY scale just to see if it was accurate, and what do you know-IT WASNT. All those times I was beating myself up, it wasn't even the right weight. I even tried to weigh the baby and her weight was off. Its a digital scale so I have no idea how to calibrate it. My scale told me this morning that I weighed over a pound more than the weight watchers scale said. Maybe I should save up for a weight watchers scale? Right now, I'm just going to continue ignoring my scale. Obviously, it's a big fat liar anyways! How can I ever trust it again?

Also, as many of you know my husband joined weight watchers with me. He beat me in weight loss this week, with a FIVE AND A HALF pound loss. He hasn't done a single bit of exercise, and I have worked my butt off. (Moderately.) That just goes to show that our bodies work differently. I am so stoked now. I keep thinking about the day the scale reads 195 (PRE BABY WEIGHT IS ONLY THREE LBS AWAY!) And then.....190.........185........180........and so forth. I still havent officially decided on my 'goal weight.' I'm not sure how thin is too thin for me. Maybe you could help me with that?

I'm 5'11
198 lbs
and my "beginning measurements" when I started plan were
42
33
42.

Yes, I am an hourglass shape. All the time I've been working out I see so much weight disappearing from my waist, and no where else. Its making me feel like I've got giant hips now, but I'm okay with that. Honestly, I've always had giant hips. They recommend that the highest weight for my height is 179. I looked really healthy and skinny at 185. That is still technically over my bmi. I thought about 165, but that might be TOO thin for me. I might just aim for 180 for now, and re-evaluate as I watch my body change.

Thank you guys all so much for being here with me through this. I don't know how many of you read this anymore because the comments have been few and far between (except Quinns *cough slackers cough* jk.) So I hope you are all still reading. I couldn't do this without you. I couldn't feel as supported as I do if it weren't for you guys, my readers, my friends. Your words encourage me to keep going. Your blogs motivate me to get off my ass, and get moving. (If you can workout while home alone with your kids, why can't I? If you can manage to get up and go for a walk even though you don't want to, why can't I?) Thank you guys for being so supportive of all that I do.

Peace, Love, and Baggy Pants
Sarah V.

4 comments:

Christy said...

Still reading! Isn't it an amazing feeling?? Keep it up! You're gonna drop that weight in no time!

The Hay Family said...

Congrats again on the weight loss! WOO! Someone once told me that every each inch equals 5 pounds....ummm...for example:If I am 5'7 and weigh 145 pounds, then you would have to be about 165 to wear the same sizes I am wearing, because you are 4 in taller than me and 4x5=20. Make sense? But of course....every body is different. My sister has broader shoulders and wider hips so she would look different than I do even if she was the same height and weight. SO....saying all that....I think you should just reassess your goal weight as you go. You might be more comfortable at the high end because you like the curves or you might like the low end because ...I don't know...your boobs are smaller. So it's just a matter of what weight makes you comfortable in your own skin!

Nathalie said...

Hey! I'm still reading! And I leave comments. . . ::pouting::. lol! Congrats on that weight loss though! Woohoo!

Sarah V. said...

Thanks everyone!! I am pretty stoked. I don't expect a 3.5 lb loss every week, but I sure am going to hope for it. Lol! I am aiming to lose 30 lbs in 6 months. Slow and steady wins the race. :)

Post a Comment