Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Yummy Chicken Recipe!!

So, I made this recipe tonight and it was awesome. I had it w/broccoli & cheese, and whole grain stuffing. The entire meal only totaled 6 points! (Chicken=3 pts for 4 oz, stuffing=2 pts for 1/2 cup, broccoli=0 pts for 1 cup, piece of cheese melted onto broccoli=1pt) Even if you're NOT on W.w. this is an AH-MAZE-ING (yes I spelled that wrong on purpose) Meal. Alright, go grab your pen and paper and get ready to write this down. Well, if you like chicken that is. If you don't, then you are dismissed.

Chicken In Mustard Sauce Recipe

What you will need:

1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
Four - 4 ounce skinned, boned chicken breast halves
cooking spray
1/4 cup dry white wine or low sodium chicken broth
1 1/2 tablespoons all purpose flour
3/4 cup 1% low fat milk, divided
1 tablespoon peppercorn mustard or regular prepared mustard. 


Cooking Directions:
Combine first three ingredients; sprinkle over chicken. Coat a non stick skillet with cooking spray; place over med/hi heat until hot. Add chicken; cook 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until browned. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.

Add wine or broth to skillet, deglaze by scraping particles that cling to bottom. Combine flour and 1/4 cup milk, stirring until smooth; add to skillet. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup milk and mustard. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Return chicken to skillet. Bring to boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or till chicken is done. Serve chicken with sauce

calories 163, fat 2.4g (sat. 0.7g), Protein 28.1g, carbs 5.1g, fiber 0.2g, cholesterol 68mg, sodium 356mg,

Exchanges: 4 very lean meat.
WW Points: 3 pt.




I should point out that I used the chicken broth and honey mustard for my sauce.  It turned out so well. The honey mustard really gave it a nice flavor. I would highly recommend using that instead of regular mustard. Well, unless you're a regular mustard fanatic, then go nuts! Enjoy!



(Recipe taken from This website.)




In other news, I did a ten minute workout on the elliptical tonight. It doesn't sound like much, but keeping my heart rate at 160+ for those 10 minutes really wiped me out. I was already tired and it was getting late, so I just decided 10 minutes was enough.  Of course, once I got off the elliptical I felt guilty, so I ran laps around the basement for a little while. It sounds silly, but do what you can when you can right? I even run in place once in a while! Just gotta get my body used to doing more than sitting on its booty all the time and I'll be in great shape! Only a few more days until my first weight watchers weigh in since joining. *gulp* I really don't feel like I've lost a single pound, or even a half pound. However, today I learned that I can take my pants off with the belt still on. Hopefully that counts for something. And yes, I did just stand in the bathroom and yank my pants down. They kept falling off my butt, so I was hoping that was a good sign. FINGERS CROSSED.

Peace, Love, and Strength
Sarah V.

1 comments:

The Hay Family said...

The chicken sounds great! And yes....any exercise is better than none. I wish I had an elliptical or treadmill...maybe someday!

Post a Comment