Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Oh, About That...

So, you can disregard my last blog. What nonsense! Who gets to relax on a Saturday? Haha. Okay, so...pretty much what happened was YOU guilted me. Yes, you! Emma was dead tired today, but refused to take her second nap. It was 57 degrees outside, I was bored, and I thought to myself........why not.

I bundled up the baby, threw on a hoodie and I did it. I went for a damn walk. Yes, me. I hate people, I hate being alone, I hate being out in public with no one to protect me. This was a big step for me. I walked to the stop sign at the end of our street and back. It took exactly half an hour. It isn't an easy trek either. It's all up and down. Do you know how hard it is to push 25 pounds up hill, then down hill, then up and back down twice more? Oh, by the time I got home my legs were crying. I'm pretty proud though, because instead of walking into the house and collapsing in the chair, Emma and I sat outside. We continued to play outside for anther 20 minutes. By then, even daddy had come out to join the fun. So after our walk, we ran around, played, chased each other through the yard, and I took several pictures. Sadly, the sun ruined most of the shots, but I will put a few up anyways....

There you have it. I did a workout, even if it was just walking. I even ate better today. I had a leftover chicken salad sandwhich for lunch, a lean cuisine flat bread melt for a snack (I skipped breakfast cause I slept in too late, and yes I know those things arent very good for you) and then I made a DELICIOUS dinner. It was a pork tenderloin glazed with honey, honey mustard, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, and cooked for half an hour. I served it with peas and mashed potatos. It was delicious.

In other news, I've decided to try to go back on my old diet. It worked amazingly well for me last time, and I think it's time that I'm determined enough to try it. A few years back I did the alli diet. I logged into their website today and checked my stats. According to them I'm pretty overweight w/a BMI of 27. (double sadface) but the recommendation for my diet hadn't changed since the last time I checked in. They recommend for me to eat 4-6 small meals a day, 1800 calories per day, and no more than 19 grams of fat per meal for my 3 big meals. Including drinks. It's going to take a bit for me to figure out the math, and stick to this plan...but I'm going to give it a shot. As it is, I'm just trying to keep it under 2000 calories and I've hit a plateau. So..wish me luck! I will keep you all updated, per usual.

Peace, Love, and Toe Socks
Sarah V.

This is only half of the length of what we walked. The entire walk took us 15 minutes to get there, and another 15 to get back. Also, The above photo is Emma making silly faces and trying to mimic the birdies.



This is Emma and I after we got back from our walk. Excuse the fact that I look like absolute garbage, but I just threw my hair up and off we went. Plus, is it just me or do my eyes look a big psychotic? (Glares at you, waiting for an answer.)

1 comments:

The Hay Family said...

I am jealous of your snow free walks! Good job getting out today, Sarah! keep it up, the sun makes you happy!

Post a Comment