Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sarah Vs. The Scale

Well, I just read the blog post that JackSh*t wrote about how he has retired his scale for the month of March. I personally think that is a fantastic idea. I have become a slave to the scale for the past 2 months. I wake up, I pee, I weigh. Every day. I go to the bathroom mid day, I weigh. Then, I weigh at night. I freak out over the small gains that naturally occur throughout the day. So, I'm taking a page from Mr. JackSh*t's book. I'm going to retire the scale for the rest of March. Sure it's only a week, but I'm going to let the weight watchers scale tell me how I'm doing once a week. After all, what my scale says when I'm naked (198.8), and what the weight watchers scale says when I'm fully clothed (202) are two very different weights anyways. In fact, there is a 4 lb difference. If you ask me, that's quite a bit. (And who knows, Maybe I'll forget about my scale for the entire month of April as well!)

So, as of today I am retiring the scale. I am tired of weighing every single day. I think once a week is plenty good enough for now. Maybe after a few weeks I'll begin weighing again, but for now I don't want to think about it. It's hard enough trying to track everything I eat, without worrying about the numbers on the scale. I'm already skeptical about the program, and I'm hoping that next Saturday when I weigh in I will have lost even just one pound so that I know the program works for me. I also plan on starting walks and workouts this week. Yikes. Wish me luck jumping back into that lifestyle. It's been close to 2 months since my last workout. My knee feels like it has fully healed, and the swelling has gone down as well. With any luck, I can stretch and not hurt myself this time around!

So now I have no more excuses. I have no reason that I can't lose the rest of my baby weight. I know it's only a few pounds, but I was the heaviest I'd ever been before I got pregnant anyways. As I mentioned previously my goal weight is about 170 pounds. I am going to set a short goal to begin with. For now, the only number I'm worried about is 195. After that I will work my way down 5 pounds at a time, and try not to get discouraged. I don't think 5 lbs a month is a lot to ask for. If I lost a minimum of 5 pounds per month, it would only take me 6 months to lose the 30 that I want to lose. Fingers crossed for me.

A big thank you to Brooke for posting some tasty recipes over at her blog! I can't wait until our next grocery trip to get some canned pumpkin, and pumpkin spice so I can make her Pumpkin Pie Smoothie. I'm also looking forward to cracker crumb chicken. Mainly because I always have trouble with cooking chicken. I usually end up just frying it up on the stove or baking it in a rice casserole. I could definitely use a little change of pace with my cooking. So if any of you other blog readers out there have weight watchers recipes, please please please be sure to send them my way! (Savanord@live.com)

Well, that about does it for this lazy Sunday. I have started my day well with a 20 oz bottle of water, a warmed bagel, and 2 tbsp of w.w. whipped cream cheese. I am going to try some of my new yogurts for a snack, and I'm getting ready to make lunch for Emma and I. Here's hoping I can stay on point today. Andrew on the other hand, is at the Bristol races with his dad today. He is going to attempt to stay on plan, but at a race track where the food consists of hot dogs, hamburgers, popcorn, etc. it will definitely be difficult. He said he was going to do his best, so cross your fingers for him as well!

Peace, Love, and Naked toes
Sarah V.

4 comments:

The Hay Family said...

I think losing the scales is a great idea, especially since you will be weighing yourself at the weight watchers meetings. Checking it everyday can be discouraging. Good luck to you and good luck to Andrew!

Cole Walter Mellon said...

They don't mind if you weigh in naked at WW. ;P

Good job on ditching the scale and concentrating on what makes the scale move. Good luck (and thanks for the shoutout!).

Sarah V. said...

Thanks to both of you for the encouragement. I could never do this alone. I love the internet just for the mere support I can get online. Only 30 pounds to go, and 29 more days of working out. Let's hope I can get the weight off and keep it off! Good luck to you guys as well! :)

Nathalie said...

You know, Sarah, sometimes I think you're too hard on yourself. Do you best, you will succeed! It's just going to take some time. :)

Post a Comment