Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Friday, March 12, 2010

TGIF 312

Last Friday I stated that every Friday I was going to blog about things that make me happy. This Friday that will be especially difficult, because I'm quite honestly miserable. I'm willing to give it a shot though. Ready, Set, Go.

Today, I'm going to tell you about several things that make me happy. Mostly because I feel like shit, and need to remind myself that this is temporary, and there will be things out there that make me smile again. So, without further ado, the number one thing that makes me happy is obviously........my family. I think you all knew that, and it went without saying, so I won't even bother to elaborate.

Happiness number two is a light breeze. I don't know why exactly, but when I feel a light breeze dance across my face, pick up my hair, and whirl it around...well honestly, I've never felt sexier than I do in that moment. I could look like total shit, but as long as that breeze is blowing my hair in the wind, I feel amazing. I can close my eyes, smell the fresh air, and imagine if just for a moment, that I look as beautiful as I feel.

Happiness number three consists of a smell that you either love or don't. There is no in between when it comes to the scent of coffee. I know this sounds strange, but a few years ago I would get up every morning and make coffee. It's strange because I didn't drink it. I simply brewed the coffee so my house would have that delicious aroma. Of course, I don't have my coffee pot anymore, and I did eventually start drinking the stuff. (As long as it was half creamer anyways...)

Happiness Numero 4 is........the smell before it rains. Yes, that smell that so many people hate. I know people who go "Ugh, smells like rain." To me, it smells intoxicating. I love the calm before the storm, far more than I love the storm itself.

The following happiness is number cinco! Cats. Yes, kitties of all shapes, sizes, and varieties. More specifically my old cats Maverick and Roxanna. I miss them dearly. But they still make me smile, even though they're not around. (We had to give them up after 3 years of them having been my babies)

To recap: things that make me happy
1. My family
2. Light breeze
3. The scent of coffee
4. Smell before it rains
5. Cats


These arent the top things that make me happy. In fact, I can thing of several things that make me happier (like not being sick or my daughter actually sleeping) but these were the first 5 things that came to mind.
Sorry this blog is all out of whack, but honestly...Im on a shit load of medicine right now and I can barely hear myself think.

I need to lie down.........
Sarah V.

1 comments:

The Hay Family said...

I also love the smell of coffee...reminds me of my mommy! But I don't drink it either. I forgot to make me happy blog, but I will do that now!

Post a Comment