Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Encouragement

Last night I was on webcam with my good friend Quinn, and she told me she could tell I looked thinner. She is the FIRST person to tell me that. I don't go anywhere or know anyone in my town, so it's just the hubby and I. His father in law is so oblivious he didnt even notice when I cut off all my hair last time. He just thought it was
"parted differently."

When she told me she could tell I looked thinner, I looked down at my webcam. I never believe it when anyone tells me I look better, because the progress is so slow that I don't notice it myself. That's another reason I take so many pictures, and measurements. So, as I was saying..
I looked down at my webcam and asked myself:
Are you sucking in? -No.
Are you trying to hide yourself with angles? -No.
Are you blending into the background? -No.
Are we sure she had a clear, accurate view of you? -Yes.

So there you have it, the four questions I tried to honestly ask myself. I know they sound silly, but a lot of the time I self sabotage myself without ever really knowing or understanding why. I think its the mentality that if i am doing it to myself then I don't have to own up to the fact that I'm not doing as good of a job as I would like. Sure, I can just decide to quit at any given time, but I choose not to.  Last night was the first time in a long time where I didn't involuntarily suck my stomach in while trying to show someone what I looked like.

Yes, I'm guilty of doing it. When I go to get the mail and a car drives by, I suck it in. When I'm walking my daughter outside, and a couple walks past-I suck it in. I'm a gut sucker. It hurts, it's awkward, and I never realize it until I'm doing it. Then, what do you do? Do you let it go and show the world your flab? Or do you hold it, smile, and pray that they hurry past you? It's all so very random and awkward.

Quinn's words of encouragement are keeping me going. I woke up today after staying up until one with a teething child, and then looking out the window to see nothing but gray skies and rain. I was discouraged, and then I remembered that someone could tell a difference! Someone noticed my hard work paying off! Someone else could see what I can't. How exciting! Now, it's time to make sure that more people notice. That more people are proud of me. That I can be proud of myself!!

So I'm wondering...
  1. Who encourages you?
  2. What's your motivation?
  3. How hard are you on yourself?
  4. Do you feel better now that you're trying harder?
  5. How much water do you drink?
  6. Do you get your daily allowance of fruits and veggies?
  7. Have you cut back on dairy?
  8. What kind of vitamin do you take?
  9. Why do you read/write blogs?
  10. What is your type of workout?
My answers are:
  1. My friends and family.
  2. Seeing my jeans actually fit, wearing shorts, fitting into a bathing suit, not having to dig at the bottom of clothing piles for XL, etc.
  3. I'm very hard on myself. I'm working on it.
  4. YES! I wake up earlier, I have more energy. I feel like I'm doing something right!!
  5. I drink roughly 60-100oz a day!!! (Not bad for someone who once hated water!)
  6. I'm working on doing better. I usually get about half of my daily allowance, but next month WILL be better.
  7. Dairy kills me now. If I drink even an 8 ounce glass of milk, my stomach churns for hours. I don't have much of it anymore.
  8. One a day gummies! Hooray! :)
  9. I read and write blogs for motivation, inspiration, encouragement, and to learn new things/meet new people.
  10. My favorite type of workout is YOGA of course. (But I don't really count it as a work out anymore, because it's easy and feels sooo good.)
What are your answers?







And here are some randomly added blog photos! enjoy.







The proof is in the pictures:
 ^ March 17th ^

March 25th

What do you think? Also, here is a pic from when I started this in january...





Can you see a change? I think things are just toning up currently, but I'm down 10 pounds since January.
Peace, Love, and Teething babies!
Sarah V.

2 comments:

Nathalie said...

It's hard to tell, because you're wearing black, but since I've been looking at these photos since january, I can tell you, I can definitely see a difference. :) Very much so, yay!

The Hay Family said...

I feel so horrible that I didn't read this earlier...it's been a busy day! Thanks for the superawesomeexctiing shout out! You look fantastic. Keep up the amazing work.

Post a Comment