Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sleepy Saturday...

So Nathalie just wrote this blog post that made me feel incredibly guilty. Saturday is my one and only day. It's the one day out of the week that I get to sleep in, my husband gets up with the baby, feeds her, dresses her, takes care of her, and lets me lie peacefully in my bed for hours. The other 6 days out of the week, I'm super mom. Yes, SUPER MOM.

You see, my husband has sleep apnea. He barely gets any rest as is, and if his sleep is interrupted whatsoever, he is a crabby, tired, sleepy, sloppy, nonfunctional mess. I learned early on that as long as he worked, he had to sleep. And, as long as he had to sleep...I had to be awake. This means that M-F and again on Sunday I have zero me time. I do what I can during the day, but there is no time set aside specifically for mommy. That's where Saturday comes in....

Saturday is the day my hubby works 3rd shift. That means that he gets up and helps out with the baby until about 5 pm, when he goes to bed. He gets up at 10, and leaves for work an hour later. I don't see him again until Sunday morning, and even then it's only a glimpse of him as he crashed into bed. He wakes up around 3 pm.

There have been SEVERAL occasions where I had to stay up alone for 3 solid days with my daughter. I can recall a time just a few months back when she had strep. We weren't aware of her strep, but things got pretty bad. I kept insisting we take her to the doctor, but my husband and his father don't "like medicine or doctors." So, naturally I have to convince them somethings wrong. Nonetheless, my daughter was awake for 72 solid hours. We pulled the recliner in front of the television, and I bought 3 new movies. I watched movies and rocked her all day...and all night. She wouldn't eat, cried when she drank, she had a fever so bad she was sweating, and if she did occasionally fall asleep it was for only 20 minutes at a time. At the end of day 3, when no one got to enjoy the sweet surrender of sleep for 3 days, the men finally agreed to let me take her into the doctor. Meanwhile, the day before my husband had decided to give her orange juice because she was 'sick' and it would help. Well- the reason things got so much worse that last day was because the acid in the oj burned her poor little throat. Her strep was so bad that her back and the entire front of her body were covered in a GIANT RASH. That was my final straw, and I took her in to the dr. They had to give her antibiotics and by the time we got home she was out cold. The problem was that the rash was painful so she could only sleep if I were holding her, and her head rested on my body. It took another day or two for the rash to go away. I was up all day, all night, all day, all night....it was all me. Because-well, I'm super mom.

My husband does what he can, don't get me wrong. He changes her once in a while, he feeds her dinner every night, and gives her a bath a few times a week...but it's just not the same. I told him if we have a son, roles are reversing and it will all be up to him. Of course, the perk of what I do is that my daughter loooooooooooooves me. She always comes right to mommy, loving on me, hugging me, and calling my name. She knows I'm always going to be there for her, just like I always have been. She's my whole world, and even with as tiresome as it is-I love being super mom.

So, back to the topic of my story. Saturdays are mommy days. Sure, it only lasts a few hours, but that's long enough for a shower, a workout, or just some relaxation on my end. I would get up and workout, but today I felt like lounging around. I don't know, nor have I ever worked out on the weekend. I try to do something 5 days a week, even if its just as little as walking, but weekends are my time.

So, today I woke up at 930. I got up, took my vitamins, went to the bathroom, and stared at myself in the mirror. I was thinking about how bad my hair looked, how badly I need to hop in the shower, and how little motivation I have to do that. My husband wants to finish cleaning the house today, so I might as well shower after that. I know I will get hot and sweaty. I began spring cleaning yesterday and scrubbed all the floors.

After I finished staring at myself in the mirror, I looked down at my scale. My arch nemesis. I had eaten so much food this last week, that I gained nearly 2 pounds! I was disgusted, disappointed, and shocked that I could gain 2 lbs in 3 days time!! So, after eating a very low calorie count yesterday, and having cleaned/scrubbed/chased the baby around for the past few days, I decided to weigh myself. I stripped naked, took off my glasses, and stepped on the scale. I took a deep breath, closed my eyes, and waited until I thought the number would show. I opened one eye, and peeked down nervously.......200.2. Hooray! I have lost the 2 lbs I gained while I was out. (It was probably the 50 sprites and bloat from the carbonation.) Now...it's just time to get back under that pesky 2 again!! If I see 199.9 this week, I will be happy.

The only thing that is bothering me, is that I feel like I'm yoyo-ing between 199 and 202. I want to get down to 195...then 190...then 185...and we will go from there!!!!!! For now, I feel like I look great from the side. I have a little chunk left, but who doesn't? The front where the skin is a little loose still just makes me look bigger than I am, so It might be time to incorporate some resistance training into my work outs. Now that it's getting nice out, I can't wait to go to the park! They have a walking trail, and my husband plays disc golf there so it would be fun for everyone! Yay. Until then, it's time to kick my butt into gear. Grrrrr. Someone come slap some motivation into me. Just 10-15 lbs left.

Peace, Love, and Absolutely Random Unfollowable Blogs
Sarah V.


The side view, taken in my pj shorts so that there is no "jean bulk" to confuse you.


And per usual, the front view. I think I'm goin to have to accept that fact, that regardless of how much weight I lose...the mom hips are here to stay. :)

2 comments:

The Hay Family said...

Wow...that was a confusing blog to follow...but maybe because I just woke up. Bleh. I want to lose that last ten pounds, too, so we need to motivate each other. Let's Go!!

Sarah V. said...

Yeah, it was pretty jumpy. I had just woken up when I wrote it and I had lost all train of thought because Andrew kept texting me about video games and if he could spend $65 on a new one etc etc...I was like "Oh wait, where was I?" every five minutes into my bliggity blog.

Post a Comment