Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I Feel Old...

Hello there bloggers and blogettes!

I hope everyone is having a fantastic Tuesday. I was up all night tossing, turning. I kept dreaming I was suffocating, and then I would wake up under the covers, or with my pillow over my face. It was fine at first, but it happened repeatedly through the night, and it just plain got annoying. It didn't help that I put on 3 of my favorite shows before bedtime, all of which are an hour long. I wound up laying in bed, in the dark, texting Quinn instead of sleeping.

When I woke up this morning, I was actually feeling productive. I got out of bed, and got the baby up. I poured her a sippy cup of milk, got out some bread, and a carton of egg beaters. I made everyone else a breakfast of eggs and toast. I still can't have dairy, so I just had a fruit cup with my medicine. It was delicious, but there's not much substance in a fruit cup.

In other news, my medicine is almost gone. I have two days left of my steroids, and probably another 4 of my other medicine. I can't have dairy or vitamins with my pills, and I think that's whats really screwing with me. I had began taking vitamins last month, and was doing really well with them. I was taking the adult one a day vitamins, and they really were making me feel better.  I have iron deficiency, and when it really acts up I crave fish, or other foods high in iron. I was noticing a drastic difference while I was taking my vitamins. More importantly, I miss milk. I just want a bowl of cereal. Just ONE! Apparently the calcium in dairy products counteracts the effects of my Ciprofloxacin, which nearly makes it completely ineffective. I don't want to eat a brick of cheese or anything, I just want a glass of milk. Why is that so much to ask? Whyyyyy. (Dramatically overreacts.)

I am looking forward to being 100% healthy again, because right now I am still only at about 85%. I'm tired all the time, and I have zero energy. I am totally run down, and that's not good. My husband HAD been doing a great job taking care of Emma and I both, but two nights ago He started to get sick. Fabulous. Emma had been doing better all week, and she seems to be coming down with a cold again. I think this has something to do with the fact that it was 65 degrees one day, 20 the next, 60 the following, snowing the next, and then raining all week. I wish the weather would just calm the frick down, and make up it's mind. So for now, I'm doing my best to take care of my family. The hubby slept on the couch last night, so I wasn't reinfected. Plus, he doesn't want his cold turning into anything worse. I'm so tired of everyone being SICK.

So, in my time of boredom last night, I decided to check out the twitterverse. I had set up an account last year when everyone else was raving about it, but I never could get into it. I just didn't see the point of it. Well, last night I got sucked in. I was following my favorite "celeb" (aka: Shane Dawson) and I was tweeting my friends. It was actually kind of fun. I'm not sure what the hype is about still, but it kills a little time. If you have a twitter, feel free to stalk me @savanord. And if you'd like to stalk me anywhere else, honestly, google me. You will get pages of results. I'm a computer geek.

I suppose that about does it for today's blog. I don't have a lot to say. Oh, except for this...
Last night at 10:30 p.m a woman randomly shows up on our doorstep. She has a few kids with her, and she's crying. She starts begging my husband for a ride over to some street on the other side of town. She told us that her husband was on his way to get her from Bristol, and that she is from Knoxville so she doesn't know her way around. Emma was asleep in bed, I was in the bedroom, and my hubby was sick on the couch. He explains to the woman that he has no way of fitting her entire family inside his tiny Kia Rio because the front door is broken, and there's a carseat in back. He offers to call someone for help, and she declines repeatedly. She begs him some more and says that her kids have already walked so far, so he once again offers to find her a ride. She tells him no, says that she understands, and continues walking. The part that freaked my husband out is that the children looked nothing like the woman, and that she absolutely refused a ride. He says that if she needed a ride from him, why couldn't she take a ride from someone he called to come help? It all seemed too suspicious. Just another reason that I don't feel comfortable on our street anymore. I am goin to keep my eyes peeled to make sure there are no missing children reports, or any other sad/scary news about them. I told my husband he was being rude, but he didn't get "good vibes" from the woman. I don't blame him, but I do feel somewhat guilty.

BUT-
On a happier note...
My baby brother turns NINE YEARS OLD TODAY. <3
(And now I officially feel old.)


Peace, Love, and Creepers
Sarah V.

1 comments:

The Hay Family said...

ummm...it took so long for this comment thing to work I forgot what I was going to say! You should feel better soon, then on Monday you can get back to your routine. I can't wait to see what you think of dear Jillian!

Post a Comment